Senior Manager, Logistics & Transportation
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop feature more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com.
Own execution and strategy for all outbound transportation to ensure customer transit time and budget are met. Manage all aspects of transportation discipline to include cost control, compliance, route structures and development, tech integration and metric driven performance. Responsible for tracking and addressing carrier performance and leading all future carrier selection projects.
- Negotiate with carriers and transportation partners for preferential rates and optimized transit times
- Build and manage long term multi-year transportation strategy
- Function as liaison between warehouse, carriers and internal Birchbox teams in the continuing development of overall transportation strategy and execution
- Create and maintain customer satisfaction metrics
- Own the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities
- Responsible for all transportation and operational regulatory compliance
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years Transportation experience, which includes contract negotiation, route delivery optimization and SLA management
- Experience in building and executing a ground up transportation strategy
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer transit expectations and a multi-million dollar budget
- Proficient in MS excel, PowerPoint and Word
Back to top