Senior Manager, CRM & Email Marketing
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Manager, CRM & Email Marketing. This role will report to the Director, Retention Marketing. As the Senior Manager, CRM you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, execution, and reporting of CRM marketing campaigns. Campaigns will support converting leads into subscribers, retaining / reactivating subscribers and driving ecommerce shop sales. Our current CRM campaigns have a heavy emphasis on email (blast, triggered) and site assets but we are looking to expand our use of other CRM tactics (app push, social CRM). We’ll also look to you to keep us current on marketing best practices with regard to contact strategies, data capture, campaign analysis, deliverability, CAN-SPAM compliance and CRM tools. This role will work closely with the overall marketing team as well as creative, engineering and merchandising. Please take note: In order to qualify for this job you need to have strong email html coding and SQL skills.
- Directly manage our email service provider Selligent and push vendor Carnival
- Ensure CRM tools are being used in an optimal way (eg. utilizing content blocks, tokens, and linking databases accurately)
- Drive understanding and targetability of key customer segments that provide the foundation for CRM strategies
- Build CRM programs across customer segments, with the ability to work at both a strategic and execution level (including email production)
- Drive the calendaring, messaging, testing/optimization, audience selection, and analysis/key insights for CRM campaigns
- Concept and execute tests to improve business results
- Partner closely with our engineers to ensure we are using technology to drive the best possible email program; includes automating manual processes, data segmentation, list development, triggered / Lifecycle Marketing campaigns, and CRM tool optimization
- Partner closely with our engineers to ensure the right database management strategy and processes are in place for optimal execution
- Manage growth and overall health of customer database
- Own CRM KPI reporting
- Develop technical skill of the junior members of the Retention Marketing team (e.g,. email coding, ESP tool proficiency, SQL)
- At least 5 years experience in CRM marketing with a focus on email campaigns
- Knowledge of email deployment and coding best practices
- Technical proficiency and experience working with engineers
- HTML / CSS / SQL intermediate level
- Understand the concept of relational database
- Experience with Selligent, our ESP, a plus
- E-commerce / Subscription experience a plus
- Experience with a loyalty program a plus
- Demonstrated Project Management experience; strong organizational skills and ability to plan and prioritize
- Strategic thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Consistently demonstrating a positive and collaborative approach – comfortable working with various functional groups across the organization
- Ability and excitement to tackle big goals with limited resources; thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- You can dive into our crazy supply of beauty products – test them sometimes before they even hit the shelves (there’s plenty for men too!)
- Good snacks.
- We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team.
- It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge, we’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too.
- You’ll work in an environment of transparency and get exposure to senior management.
- You’ll find an agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done.
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top