Seasonal Discovery Specialist, Part-Time
We are looking for an empathetic, positive part-time Discovery Specialist to connect with our customers -- answering questions, resolving issues, and making personalized product recommendations. At Birchbox, our Specialists don’t use scripted responses because each customer is unique and deserves a personalized experience. Our Specialists are the heart of our business and have a major impact on our continued success.
This is a seasonal position (October through January). You must be available to complete the required training sessions. Seasonal part-time Discovery Specialists work up to 30 hours per week--weekdays and weekends--and may be eligible to work some shifts from home after successfully completing on-boarding and a 1-month “nesting” period in our NYC office.
- Act as the voice of Birchbox, servicing our customers on live chat, phones, email, and social media
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening and offering creative solutions
- Share customer feedback and information with other team members in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience
- Take ownership for the experience you are delivering with every customer
- Contribute to a positive, energetic team culture
- Enthusiastic about all things beauty and grooming
- Quick learner, able to think on your feet
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Flexible and reliable to work an e-commerce schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Available to work 20-30 hours per week during peak weeks
- Able to commit to a 2 week training program
- Love to have fun at work!
- BA/BS or 2+ years of experience working in a customer service focused environment
- Expert communicator with strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Strong computer and typing skills; comfortable using web-based applications and navigating between tools
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using ZenDesk, a plus
- Comfortable using a Mac, a plus
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English), a plus
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top