Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in six countries, including France, Spain, UK, Belgium and Canada. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox is seeking a detail-oriented Retoucher/Jr. Photographer with retouching and photography skills to join our in-house Photo Team. The Retoucher/Jr. Photographer is responsible for handling the retouching and post-production of all Birchbox photography including product, campaign, social, magazine, and in-store signage. The role also provides the opportunity to photograph for low level campaigns, including siloed product and social shoots, under the guidance of the Director of Photography. The Retoucher/Jr. Photographer position is 75% retouching, 20% shooting, and 5% archiving. This position works closely with the studio and creative team, as well as collaborating with cross-team members.
- Retouch all campaign and social/content assets with a keen eye for details, sometimes under tight turnarounds
- Retouch and oversee siloed product photography; working with off-site vendor
- Handle all color correction, aligning assets within templates, and maintaining organization on server
- Shoot for low level campaigns, siloed product, social/content, quarterly documentation of store, events, others as needed
- Assist with on-set shoot production as needed, supporting photographer and/or videographer
- Maintain up-to-date and organized templates folder for studio shoots
- Oversee the delivery of assets from renaming, resizing, and cross-checking with marketing briefs that deliverables are met
- Regularly QA images on the site; troubleshoot with cross-teams to quickly solve any issues with imagery
- Support roll-out and archival of assets on our digital asset management system
- 3+ years of previous editorial and e-commerce retouching and shooting experience, beauty preferred
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, Premiere); expert eye for detail when retouching mid to high level compositing, product silos, on-model, and still life beauty focused imagery
- Working knowledge of digital photography and equipment, both in and out of a studio environment.
- Experience with animation and motion a bonus
- Familiar with project management tools such as Asana is a plus
- Must be extremely organized, self sufficient, and an independent thinker; also able to take direction and work well within a small team.
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively with cross-teams and handling a variety of requests
- Ability to offer creative solutions, is proactive and shows initiative, and excels working within a small creative team
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top