Product Manager - UK & Spain
Birchbox is seeking a technical product manager to manage both our customer-facing and internal product initiatives across our UK and Spain markets. As the product manager, you'll be responsible for developing the product vision and strategy for Birchbox UK and Spain as well as managing the entire product life cycle. You'll work closely with the US-based design and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis, and interact with all business units throughout the course of a project. You will be responsible for making sure everything we do meets the vision and high standards of Birchbox.
The ideal candidate is a creative visionary who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and has a proven track record for leading the development of world-class ecommerce products. Based in London this position reports to the UK Managing Director.
Since 2010 Birchbox has changed the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated ecommerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behavior, learn about them through our content, and purchase full-size versions of the products they like. Our platform provides our brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers.
Tech @ Birchbox
The technology team at Birchbox is responsible for development and maintenance of the company's customer-facing sites in all markets, managing hosted and cloud infrastructure, and closely supporting other teams via internal tools (merchandising, logistics, marketing, et al). We work with a wide variety of open-source, internally built, and 3rd party technologies. The size of our team and the breadth of its responsibilities mean we rely on our engineers to be self-motivated and quickly follow through on tasks without requiring close supervision. In return our product development teams are given leeway to use their own initiative.
Our team spans software engineering, technical operations, product, user experience design, and data science. Our challenges include:
- Designing and implementing the best user experience for our customers; we are striving to revolutionize online retail
- Evolving our software and systems architecture to support a rapidly growing customer base across multiple countries and languages
- Using data, complex algorithms, and statistics, to personalize the Birchbox experience for our customers, both offline and online
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from concept & design to launch & evaluation in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Develop and prioritise the product strategy for your markets, producing roadmaps, user stories, tests and opportunity analyses across all of our digital touch points
- Work with multiple business teams including the other product managers to establish global feature requirements, define success metrics, coordinate deliverables, train and document internally, market as appropriate, and evaluate after launch
- Drive site conversion improvements / determine appropriate test opportunities with local business teams
- Help with the execution of day-to-day technical tasks and manage support tasks with the engineering teams
Skills / Experience Requirements
- Experience with conversion testing and analysis including proven growth initiatives
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- A strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and the ability to explain them to other business teams
- Basic technical skills
- You know enough HTML and CSS to be dangerous
- You can use visual tools to produce mockups/prototypes to explain your ideas
- Command Line: you know your way around in linux and the mac terminal
- Version Control: you have used git, svn, or another version control system before. You don't have to be an expert, but you know the basics
- Databases: you can write basic SQL queries to find the information you need
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points and next steps
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role to ensure continuous learning
- Travel to New York and Barcelona 2-4 times a year
Pluses / Desirables
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Ecommerce experience
- Startup experience
- Spanish language fluency
Job posting closes on October 18th
Permanent, full time position
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per year
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top