Product Design Intern, Spring 2017
We are looking for a Product Design Intern to help design the future of our digital products. At Birchbox, product designers serve a vital role: from concepting new features, crafting the details and iterating after launch. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak thoughtfully and work collaboratively. You will have the opportunity to partner with a small team of engineers, product managers and the rest of the product design team who will mentor you throughout your time here. Birchbox is a positive, team oriented, and supportive culture - if this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply with links or PDF’s of your work and experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
What you will do:
- Work closely with your mentor to design flows, sketches, prototypes and production ready visuals for site and app features
- Assist with recruiting and conducting user tests to improve and sharpen your ideas and designs
- Partner with product managers and engineers to ensure high quality implementation
and ship useful experiences
- Work with the design team to maintain design consistency and coherence across all products and platforms
What you should have:
- Current undergrad student or recent graduate of design
- Experience designing desktop and mobile products (school or personal projects accepted)
- Skilled in Adobe CS6 and or Sketch
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Former intern experience at an in house product team is a major plus
* Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate apprx. 20 hours per week throughout the Fall semester.
Back to top