Product Design Intern, Spring 2017
We are looking for a Product Design Intern to help design the future of our digital products. At Birchbox, product designers serve a vital role: from concepting new features, crafting the details and iterating after launch. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak thoughtfully and work collaboratively. You will have the opportunity to partner with a small team of engineers, product managers and the rest of the product design team who will mentor you throughout your time here. Birchbox is a positive, team oriented, and supportive culture - if this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply with links or PDF’s of your work and experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
What you will do:
- Work closely with your mentor to design flows, sketches, prototypes and production ready visuals for site and app features
- Assist with recruiting and conducting user tests to improve and sharpen your ideas and designs
- Partner with product managers and engineers to ensure high quality implementation
and ship useful experiences
- Work with the design team to maintain design consistency and coherence across all products and platforms
What you should have:
- Current undergrad student or recent graduate of design
- Experience designing desktop and mobile products (school or personal projects accepted)
- Skilled in Adobe CS6 and or Sketch
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Former intern experience at an in house product team is a major plus
* Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate apprx. 20 hours per week throughout the Fall semester.
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top