Planning Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox’s Planning team sits at the heart of our complex and quickly growing Merchant & Planning organization. You will help to organize the inventory of millions of products we sell across the globe.
The Planning Intern at Birchbox will:
- Assist in the daily needs of retail, sample, and e-commerce planning
- Assist in forecasting and budget management for Hair, Fragrance, and Makeup Divisions
- Assist in the replenishment process by monitoring inventory levels and in-stock rates
- Analyze historical sales and sampling data to inform future planning decisions
- Perform ad hoc campaign analyses for merchant counterparts
- Help manage the integrity of our product catalogue
A successful Planning Intern candidate should:
- Have experience in Excel and Google Sheets
- Think analytically and be a natural problem solver
- Be a Junior or Senior in a college or University program
- Experience in merchandising, retail planning, finance, or supply chain a plus
** Please note that this internship is for credit only. Candidates should be able to dedicate a maximum 20 hours per week during the fall. **
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top