Photo & Video Production Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Production Intern, Photo & Video to work closely with our Sr. Producer during Fall 2017.
This is an exciting opportunity for a current undergrad seeking a true hands-on opportunity working alongside the Birchbox in-house studio team directly helping with all areas of production for photo and video shoots. The intern will be integrated into a wide variety of projects at Birchbox and will gain professional skills necessary for the future. Responsibilities include pre-production (including but not limited to casting assistance, location scouting), on-set assistance, and post-production workflow. This role reports to the Sr. Producer.
The Photo Production Intern, Photo & Video at Birchbox will:
- Assist with cross-team coordination around shoots, making sure props/products arrive and are set up before shoot day
- Submit and track product requests with merchants for upcoming shoots; returning products in a timely manner after shoot
- Coordinate with in-house shoot team on all upcoming shoots to ensure successful production
- Build shot lists for upcoming shoots, cross checking briefs for deliverables and products featured
- Assist with location scouting, prop sourcing, and casting as needed
- Assist with tasking out production in Asana
- Support production by tracking time and coordinating day-of shoot needs
- Help with post-production handoff including QA, file renaming, resizing, and handoff
- Handle light retouching and/or video editing as necessary
A successful Studio Production Intern, Photo & Video candidate will be/have:
- Currently enrolled in an undergrad program
- Previous relevant internship experience
- Demonstrate a creative mindset with a strong interest in photo/video and project management
- Has a proactive, self-starter attitude
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experienced in using Adobe Creative Suite and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of Capture One
** This internship is for college credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate a maximum of 20 hours per week during the fall. **
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top