Photo Studio Intern, Spring 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
This candidate is someone who will go above and beyond to get the job done, no matter how big or small. The right person is detail-oriented, enjoys problem solving and seeks mentorship to learn how an in-house photo studio operates, as well as fine tune on-set techniques. The Photo Studio Intern will work directly with the Birchbox Photo team and will assist in all aspects of photo production, as well as work alongside our freelance photographers and stylists.
The Photo Studio Intern at Birchbox will:
- Assist the Director of Photography and photographers during photo shoots and video/motion shoots
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of our in-house photo studio and equipment
- Send out files, resize and do light retouching of product and editorial imagery
- Catalog and track inventory for prop closet and studio equipment
- Work with multiple cross-teams, assisting in projects related to shoot pre-production
- Be a current undergraduate student majoring in photography.
- Have skills in Capture One Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Retouching,
- Have experience with Studio Lighting, Capturing Motion/Video/Sound, and Post Production Editing.
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top