Part Time Weekend Beauty Stylist
Birchbox is looking to hire Part-time Weekend Beauty Stylists to support our pre-booked beauty service parties (think birthday parties, bachelorette parties, private events) at our flagship store in SoHo.
- Serve as a brand ambassador to help bring the Birchbox experience to life in a brick and mortar store
- Create Birchbox-inspired make-up applications while ensuring customer satisfaction and meeting Birchbox KPIs.
- Learn and recreate predetermined dry hairstyles with the use of hot tools. (Braids, Curls, Waves)
- Maintain knowledge of Birchbox product including makeup, haircare, skincare, body, fragrance, and men’s grooming.
- Responsible for assisting customers to find products that meet their individual beauty and grooming needs.
- Utilize product knowledge through exceptional communication skills to educate our customer on all products and beauty tools.
- Help prepare or recover the floor through opening/closing procedures.
- Help execute floor sets and merchandise and sample replenishments
- Help execute in-store events, promotions and parties
- Help replenish and organize merchandise on floor.
- Help maintain stockrooms to organizational standard.
- Participate in store physical inventories.
- Maintain check-out operations by following Policies and Procedures.
- Contribute to overall customer experience by helping customers navigate throughout the store & answering questions
- A well-rounded beauty enthusiast.
- Cosmetology license encouraged.
- Make-up certificate preferred.
- Flexibility to work 1-3 shifts during the weekend hours based on services need.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and sell products.
- Strong artistry and light hairstyling/finishing skills.
....commit yourself to being apart of a happy, motivated, engaged team.
…..have a love for beauty and have exceptional skills with a blow dryer and a curling iron!
…are sociable and love to meet new people.
…are motivated by being part of a fast paced, start-up environment and have the mindset that no job is too small.
- You can dive into our crazy supply of beauty products – test them sometimes before they even hit the shelves (there’s plenty for men too!)
- We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot.
- It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do and continue to grow quickly. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too.
- You’ll find an agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done.
Birchbox is a disruptive e-commerce business on a mission to change the way consumable lifestyle products are purchased online. We combine a subscription service that delivers high-end samples directly to members, with an online shop and original editorial content. Our platform revolutionizes the way consumers discover products and delivers our brand partners a better way to access customers.
Launched in the fall of 2010 we have quickly grown to be the definitive leader in the field of subscription retail. We are one of the fastest growing start-ups in New York and have the backing of top tier VC firms including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. We’ve received praise in Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, The Huffington Post, Fast Company and more. To keep up with this fast growth we are building a team of energized executors who want to be part of creating a truly new business model. We are results driven, creative and aim to delight our customers in every way possible!
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top