Part Time Customer Operations Specialist
We are looking for an innately empathetic, positive Customer Operations Specialist to connect with our customers - answering questions, resolving issues, and making personalized product recommendations. Our Specialists don’t use scripted responses because each customer is unique and deserves a personalized interaction. Our Customer Operations Specialists are the heart of our business and have a major impact on our continued success. This is a role with clearly defined tasks on a collaborative team with supportive managers.
** Part time Customer Operations Specialists work up to 29 hours per week -- days, evenings and weekends -- with the flexibility to work some shifts from home. Trainings and meetings are held in our NYC office.
- Act as the voice of Birchbox, spending your days on the front lines servicing our customers
- Correspond with customers across several channels, including chat, phone, email, and social media
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening to their problems and offering creative resolutions
- Ensure all customer interactions follow PCI Compliance and Personal Information Management policies and guidelines
- Consistently deliver personalized service while meeting quality and productivity goals
- Share customer feedback and information with other team members in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience
- Contribute to a positive, energetic team culture
BA/BS or 2+ years of experience working in a customer service focused environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm for and vast knowledge of beauty and grooming
- Empathy, warmth, humility, and a sense of humor
- A happy, positive attitude that empowers you to assist our customers every day
- Spanish speakers a plus
- Experience using ZenDesk and Magento a plus
… are kind, patient, positive, empathetic and adaptable to an ever-changing environment
… are a go getter and eager to take on customer challenges
…think quickly on your feet to resolve issues as they arise
…are a strategic problem solver – you have ideas for how to make a situation or service more efficient and successful
… are able to remain calm under pressure
… have a strong sense of accountability
…are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
…are self motivated, a gifted self-manager, and have the mindset that no job is too small
…love to have fun at work!
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top