Merchandise & Planning Manager - 10 Month Maternity Cover Contract
Birchbox UK is looking for an experienced Merchandise & Planning Manager with a strong e-commerce background to support our rapidly growing business. Our unique business model brings unique challenges—this is not a typical planning role. The right candidate will be highly intelligent, collaborative and hard working. This role is a 10 month maternity cover contract, based in our central London office, with an ideal start date of early September.
- Build upon and execute our UK Merchandising Strategy for our full size e-commerce business, e.g., expanding assortment for top brands, discontinuing slow selling SKUs, enhancing assortment for key categories, planning for Black Friday / Sale periods
- Deliver against our Retail Planning KPIs, e.g., OOS, OTB, Turn
- Forecast sales and create full size IOs - decide on both the assortment of SKUs and initial buy-ins for new brand partners
- Monitor and manage full size stock levels for UK e-shop to avoid unnecessary stock-outs, submit all ROs
- Creatively solve aging and unproductive inventory levels
- Partner with brands team to analyze business performance and provide recommendations of sampling and retail opportunities based on performance, including attending key meetings with brand partners
- Access data from back-end system via SQL to create regular sales and inventory reports by brand, category, etc.
- Coordinate launch of and create new e-shop product pages in Magento
- Benchmark vs. market competitors and ensure alignment with market trends
- Proactively suggest process improvements
- Liaise with EU and US counterparts for international brand campaigns and to leverage retail planning best practices across markets
Your qualifications should include:
- 4+ years experience in merchandising / planning, ideally in ecommerce and/or beauty
- Strong Excel skills and SQL experience required
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a disruptive business
- Are a positive team-player who thrives on challenges, the opportunity to help your teammates to problem-solve, and have the mindset that no job is too small
- Are analytical and data-driven; you love using stats and numbers to make decisions and prove your point
- Are a planner and an organizer. You make project plans for everything and are already setting multiple reminders for things that need to get done six months from now
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top