Manager, Acquisition Marketing
Manager, Acquisition Marketing
We are seeking an Acquisition Marketing Manager to lead our paid acquisition activities and develop plans to acquire customers efficiently and effectively. This position presents an opportunity to work on both strategic, long-term plans and manage the tactical, day-to-day elements of our marketing program. The right candidate will have a strong analytical background, experience growing customer base and a passion for working in a fast-paced, startup environment. You have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching and analyzing customer acquisition campaigns. As we are a digital first company, your media planning should always include a digital focus even for offline spend (e.g., how to digitally connect with viewers of our TV spot).
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Define and execute the paid marketing strategy using a portfolio of paid channels to acquire customers and grow leads. Channels may include paid search, paid social media, display, mobile and TV among others.
- Plan and execute tests across offline and online channels, including all levels of the marketing funnel
- Optimize budget allocations across all programs
- Identify and test new customer acquisition opportunities to improve performance and/or reduce costs with a drive to rapid growth in new customer acquisition; optimize programs to yield best results
- Analyze campaign performance data and own consolidated paid media reporting partnering with data science & analytics team
- Manage agency partners to ensure campaign efforts are cohesive and integrated with business goals
- Monitor competitor activity and new publisher updates and offerings
- Work closely with the acquisition product manager to monitor and optimize conversion rate across Birchbox owned channels (e.g. site, app)
- Work closely with tech team for pixel implementation and tracking
- Recommend new platforms, technologies and agencies to help manage, optimize and scale our advertising campaigns
- Primarily focus on women’s campaigns while supporting men’s paid media efforts
- Develop strategies and execute management of shop campaigns including the paid channels listed above.
- Responsible for paid (online and offline) inputs into the acquisition demand model, partnering with key stakeholders across planning and finance to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Build monthly and annual customer acquisition targets by channel and segment and develop marketing programs to deliver on time and on budget
- Continually evaluate our assumptions (e.g., CPAs from different tactics) vs. performance and LTV, and highlight for leadership any early indicators these historical assumptions are changing
- Provide paid assumptions to inform organic forecasts
- Work with finance team to ensure accuracy of invoices and timeliness of payment
- Liaison between agencies/external partners and finance
- 3-5 years of experience driving customer acquisition (agency or in-house) - experience with subscription brand(s) a plus
- Deep understanding of several paid media channels (online/offline) and willingness to learn about new ones
- Demonstration of critical thinking capabilities, exceptionally analytical and quantitative; an ability to turn data into marketing recommendations
- Exceptional planning abilities and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Excel: pivot tables, vlookup, etc
- Knowledge and proficiency in SQL a plus
- Comfort with analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics); digital media dashboards like Google Adwords, Facebook Power Editor is a strong plus
- Customer-centric business mentality
- Experience managing and completing cross-team projects; Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Naturally curious and are driven to find creative solutions that others haven’t considered; Have an A/B testing and optimization mindset
- Comfortable within a fluid and fast paced environment - job description captures core responsibilities but the role will be much more diverse
- Attribution modeling is a plus
- You can dive into our crazy supply of beauty products – test them sometimes before they even hit the shelves (there’s plenty for men too!)
- Good snacks.
- We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team.
- It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge, we’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too.
- You’ll work in an environment of complete transparency and get exposure to senior management. Our founders don’t have big fancy corner offices – they sit right next to our employees and everyone knows where the company is headed.
- You’ll find an agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done.
Back to top