Legal Intern, Spring 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox’s top-notch legal team is seeking an intern who has completed at least one year of law school to join us during the Spring 2017 semester. This is a fantastic opportunity to get insight into the daily operations of being an in-house lawyer at an exciting venture backed startup.
The Legal Intern at Birchbox will:
- Conduct legal research on corporate governance, international, advertising/marketing, regulatory and general commercial law matters as needed
- Assist in the drafting a variety of commercial agreements, including vendor, consulting, marketing, facilities and other contracts
- Assist in the drafting sweepstakes and contest rules and promotional terms and conditions
- Assist with intellectual property matters
- Review commercial agreements
A successful Legal Intern candidate at Birchbox will:
- Be enrolled as a Law Student in good standing and in the top 20% of class (where applicable), with at least one year of law school completed
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be a self starter, highly detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills
- Have a strong desire to learn about business and function within the legal team
- Have the ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
** Please note this internship is for school credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate two days per week (maximum of 20 hours per week.)
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top