E-commerce Business Analyst Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
The E-commerce Business Analyst Intern at Birchbox will:
- Support both the IT and Finance teams perform post ERP implementation data integrity analysis
- Analyze the interfaces between various software systems from Sales Order through Shipment
- Extract data from Sales Order and ERP system using SQL
- Review and analyze extracted data using Excel
- Communicate insights in a clear and timely manner
- Summarize data trends and systems interface issues for presentation to Senior Management
- Reports to the Director of Accounting
A successful E-commerce Business Analyst Intern at Birchbox will:
- Major in Accounting. Finance, Economics, or other data intensive majors will be considered if taken with Accounting course electives
- Completed Intermediate Accounting or above
- Possess strong communication & technical skills
- Be responsible, dependable, and a quick learner
- Have a strong ability to focus and concentrate while navigating a high volume of ecommerce transaction detail
- Proficiency in a Mac environment
- Have excellent Excel and efficient keying skills. This includes general Finance formulas such as Vlookup, match, mid, find, If, etc. Experience creating Pivot tables and macros a plus.
- Have a strong desire to learn how ecommerce business systems interrelate and interface to each other
- Work collaboratively with others and carry a positive attitude
** This internship is for college credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate a maximum of 20 hours per week through the fall. **
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top