Digital Marketing Lead Designer
Reports to VP Creative to maintain and evolve the Birchbox women and men’s brands and design standards across all digital marketing assets while consistently putting the customer’s needs first. Maintains a deep understanding of digital best practices across all platforms; desktop and mobile and Inspires the team with the latest design trends and keeps in touch with the latest technology to help optimize designs and work flow.
- Concepts customer facing themes, seasonal campaigns and brand marketing with an understanding of strategy and business goals - working closely with creative leads in print and photo as needed to create a holistic vision.
- Represents and presents the creative ideas at cross team concepting and review meetings
- Inspires, nurtures the digital team by identifying ways to ignite and further develop their personal and professional creative skills and visual development
- Guides designers to help execute on brand creative with strategic goals in mind
- Partners and ideates with Leads on P+P, Copy, Men’s Team and Retail team to create holistic visual solutions
- Seizes opportunities to continue to refine the experience and design/messaging
- Actively mentor and manage a team of digital designers
- Oversee the day-to-day team operations while working to define and achieve the higher level vision for the team’s efforts
- Collaborate with marketers, designers and copywriters to translate marketing strategies into compelling, executable design concepts and solutions.
- Direct and delegate design tasks according to the needs and strengths of the team.
- Develop and maintain the digital marketing style guide and template library.
- Monitor and ensure quality of all deliverables
- Actively design for projects and campaigns in addition to overseeing from a high level
- Successfully collaborate and communicate with cross functional team partners
- Identity team needs in accordance to changing business needs while offering a solution
- Partners with Product Design Director & Product Managers to understand the customer experience, iterate on the website layout based on marketing needs, and collaborate on production needs based on website updates
- Leads and contributes to marketing meetings to help define the strategy and work through the customer flow
- Partners with merchant and marketing teams to be the creative liaison on brand campaigns and partnerships
- Develop landing page experiences to accommodate business needs, partnerships, and custom campaigns
- Partners with project managers to streamline workload and work efficiently
- 5+ years of design experience with at least 1-2 specifically in e-commerce
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Great typography skills
- Familiarity with the latest digital design trends
- Experience designing for mobile
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort moving fluidly between art director and designer responsibilities
- Strong communication skills and a precise attention to details
- Strong strategic brainstorming and campaign development skills
- An innovative spirit and excitement about evolving the Birchbox brand
Back to top