Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behavior, learn about them through our content, and purchase full-size versions of the products they like. Our platform provides our brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers. Birchbox launched in the Fall of 2010 and is backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital.
Birchbox is looking for a data analyst to join the Data Science, Analytics, and Insights (DSAI) team. In this role, you will partner with internal teams across the company to assess and shape decisions that will directly impact the business. We are looking for motivated, adaptable candidates who enjoy tackling big problems in creative ways.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as data expert to cross-functional teams, enabling informed business decisions
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources, including our in-house big-data platform
- Build processes to automate reporting and help teams discover important patterns with increased self-sufficiency
- Conduct analyses to identify and explain customer behavior and opportunities for brand partners
- Partner with the marketing team to develop models for understanding spend allocation
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (economics, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience using SQL
- Keen business instincts
- Proven ability to understand and communicate complex data findings
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to statistical and analytical tools (R, SPSS, SAS), or other scripting languages (Python)
- Prior experience with Looker or another BI tool
- Some understanding of statistical methodologies
- Some understanding of digital marketing measurement and/or modeling tactics
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top