Customer Insights Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
The Customer Insights & Retention Marketing Intern at Birchbox will:
Support the Customer Insights and Retention Marketing functions with day-to-day needs and work independently on a project throughout the semester.
In this role you will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of customer psychology and gather data to help answer big business questions, as well as execute specific retention marketing campaigns.
We are looking for a high achiever who is curious about consumer behavior and general marketing.
The Insights & Retention Marketing Intern at Birchbox is responsible for:
- Supporting customer research projects, including both qualitative and quantitative research
- Programming surveys and drafting reports of survey data
- Recapping customer focus groups and distilling key takeaways
- Reviewing current retention email campaigns & making recommendations for improving the retention email program
- Producing email campaigns & evaluating their effectiveness
**Note that the research projects will be focused on more traditional market research techniques; this is not a data science role**
A successful Intern candidate will have:
- A self-starter attitude and ability to take direction, but also work independently
- Comfortable with data analysis and working with Excel and Powerpoint
- An approachable and positive attitude
- A strong interest in marketing and consumer psychology (and an interest in the beauty industry helps!)
- Extremely organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for the Birchbox brand
- Previous internship experience in an office environment
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Business or social sciences majors preferred
- Knowledge of HTML preferred
** Please note that this internship is for credit only. Candidates should be able to dedicate a maximum of 20 hours per week during the fall. **
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top