CRM Marketing Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox is looking for a Marketing Intern to assist with our Marketing Program. The Intern will work closely with the email manager to grow the size, quality and relationship of the Birchbox customer base. The desired candidate for this role has experience coding in HTML and CSS (the more knowledge of HTML and CSS, the better). The candidate will be coding emails before testing these emails to internal stakeholders. Additionally, post-send he or she will be analyzing email performance. Throughout the process, he or she will collaborate with other cross functional teams at Birchbox, including the Content and Design teams. The ideal candidate is someone who is willing to dive in with an open mind, work smart and ultimately, provide insights and recommendations on ways to improve our subscriber's experience.
The Marketing Intern at Birchbox will:
- Produce, code and QA Birchbox Marketing Emails (knowledge of HTML and CSS is a must)
- Provide asset direction based on analytical findings and A/B test results
- Collaborate with our content and design partners to improve our email program
- Propose and build a new Birchbox Email, from planning to execution
- Assist with an internal audit of our entire email marketing program
A successful Marketing Intern candidate at Birchbox will have:
- HTML and CSS coding experience
- Experience using Excel
- An analytical mind
- Strong communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- The drive to "Google it" when you don't know
- The ability to take direction but also work independently
- An interest in marketing
** Please note this internship is for college credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate a maximum of 20 hours per week during the fall. **
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top