CRM & Email Marketing Associate
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched BirchboxMan and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented Associate, CRM & Email Marketing Associate who will work with the Senior Manager, CRM & Email Marketing to assist with monthly planning and execution of email and push campaigns (both trigger based and general audience based). These campaigns will support both the Acquisition Marketing team (converting leads to subscribers) and the Retention Marketing team (engaging subscribers in features, drive e-comm shopping behavior). This role will be involved from ideation to execution with specific responsibilities to brainstorm new Life Cycle Marketing ideas, coordinate with cross teams, quality control of email coding / deployment, timeline management and reporting on monthly email / push performance. The right candidate will be detail oriented with a desire to further understand what drives customer engagement, and high lifetime value. In addition, the right candidate will have a strong technical tendency with the desire to improve proficiency with our marketing tech (email services provider, push provider, onsite asset server).
- Assist with CRM monthly campaigns and trigger development and execution, across Birchbox and BirchboxMan
- Manage the production of all email campaigns, including slicing, coding and deployment
- Update the overall email and site calendar to ensure optimal and timely deployment of campaigns.
- Work closely with creative operations and merchants to ensure projects are well briefed and all changes are well communicated
- Support the senior CRM manager in post-mortem reporting of email campaigns. This includes pulling reports, delivering insights, and recommendations.
- Conduct analyses that inform our campaign and trigger strategies; everything from customer segmentation, identifying top customers, reducing unsubscribes, and activating dormant customers
- Assist with A/B tests and monitor the results to improve our campaigns, optimizing for key traffic and revenue metric across all channels
- Have 1-3 years of experience in email marketing
- Working HTML / CSS / SQL knowledge
- Experience working with ESPs for campaign building, segmentation, and testing. Selligent experience a plus
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM platforms
- Functional Adobe Photoshop slicing experience
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and team working ability
- Detail-oriented attitude and high level of precision
- Familiarity with personalization, customization, email optimization and testing platforms
- Familiarity with Web-development and customization
- Prior e-commerce / online retail / subscription experience is a plus
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top