Creative Design Intern, UK
Creative Design Intern, Birchbox UK
We are looking for an exceptional graduate designer to join our dynamic, talented team. We have been growing over the past few years, and the company has always had the ethos of bringing in graduates with the aim of training them in-house, on live jobs from day one. The whole of the creative direction at Birchbox is managed internally: from the visual identity, to the packaging, editorial materials, advertising campaigns, graphics … The new recruit will be integrated into the creative team and will be responsible for many projects in both the web and print, especially supporting digital marketing and PR, as well as in-house video and photographic content.
To join in on the adventure and share in an ambitious project with a dynamic team, contact us!
Please note this will be a full-time 6 month internship/work experience placement in Mayfair, London. An opportunity for designers who want to start their career with us and learn in a vibrant, face-paced working environment. The successful candidate would be paid a monthly stipend to contribute to travel and food expenses.
- A degree or HND in Typography or Graphic/ Web Design with an obsession for great ideas!
- The right person will be details-oriented with a desire to further understand how creative impacts the growth of Birchbox.
- They should be rigorous, creative, open-minded and aware of the latest trends.
- A high degree of creative ability, with an interest in designing for e-commerce. This should include an understanding of digital design processes (e.g. CRM visuals, affiliate banners, website visuals etc.)
- Ability to manage and take ownership of different creative projects simultaneously
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure design standards are upheld.
- Ability to be self-critical and assimilate feedback in the interests of improving as a designer.
- A portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had total creative control and were able to realise your vision, whether it’s an app, website, or blog
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated primarily by the desire to join a start-up and be part of an exciting journey
Skills and Expertise
- Degree (or working towards degree) in Graphic Design or Visual Communication
- Excellent understanding of graphic tools for web and print such as Adobe Creative suite with exceptional Photoshop, Illustrator and indesign skills, including photo retouching
- Digital design skills with an understanding of front-end design processes and email marketing.
- Ability to handle product and tutorial photography and videography (plus editing) are also essential.
- Motion graphic skills a major bonus
- Photography assisting experience helpful
- Experience of using Macs – troubleshooting, font issues etc.
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to do everything necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to problem solve (technically and creatively) – not to give up in the face of difficult challenges.
- Time management skills – keeping a diary (manual and electronic) and being effective with your own time, often having to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of visual marketing, CRM and ecommerce
- You’ll work in an environment of transparency. Our managers don’t have big fancy corner offices – they sit right next to our employees and everyone knows where the company is headed
- You’ll find an agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done
- It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do and we continue to grow rapidly. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too
- You can dive into our crazy supply of beauty products – test them sometimes before they even hit the shelves (there’s plenty for men too!)
- We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot
- You get to own a piece of the company and work with the pride of ownership
Please Note: The position is 6-months fixed term, expenses paid only and only applications with links to portfolio work or .pdf portfolios will be considered.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly beauty subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behaviour, learn about them through our content and purchase full-size versions of the products they like.
Birchbox launched in the Autumn 2010 and is one of the fastest growing companies. We are backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. Birchbox has offices in New York, Paris, London and Barcelona – this position is strictly for the Mayfair, London office only.
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top