Content & Social Intern, UK
Content & Social Intern, Birchbox UK
Birchbox UK is looking for an enthusiastic Content & Social Intern to support our dynamic team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about beauty, social media savvy, and a natural wordsmith. Whether it’s crafting a great tweet, contacting a competition winner, or assisting on a video shoot, you’ll enjoy helping us bring the Birchbox voice to life.
Please note this will be a full-time 6 month internship/work experience placement in our central London office. The successful candidate would be paid a monthly stipend to contribute to travel and food expenses.
Your responsibilities would include...
- Writing engaging product descriptions to help make The Birchbox Shop an e-commerce beauty destination
- Using our scheduling tools to keep our Twitter up-to-date and engaging
- Assisting with Facebook Live and video shoots (room set-up and prop sourcing)
- Owning our giveaways on social media – contacting the lucky winners and posting out competition prizes
- Ordering products needed for upcoming content in the weekly office order
- Reporting weekly on the best-performing content and social posts, competitor activity, and trends
- Supporting on our Birchblogger programme, e.g., organising product seeding to these influencers
- Keeping up to date with influencers and reporting any opportunities for us to speak to them
- Helping to brainstorm ideas for our monthly content plan
- Learning the Birchbox tone of voice and honing your writing style to write selected copy for our social channels, in- box menu copy, and ad-hoc blog posts
- Supporting the team with general day-to-day admin
Your skills / qualifications should include:
- 0-2 years experience in a similar content / social role, ideally in ecommerce and/or beauty - if no experience then a lot of passion
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to pursue a career in social media and content
- Passion for beauty
- Some experience in photography would be desirable, but not essential
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Are a creative thinker with lots of ideas to share
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a disruptive business
- Are a positive team-player who thrives on challenges, the opportunity to help your teammates to problem-solve, and have the mindset that no job is too small
- Are analytical and data-driven; you love using stats and numbers to make decisions and prove your point
- Are a planner and an organiser
- Are a fun and friendly person to have in the office
- Are comfortable on camera; opportunity to be featured on our social channels and in blog imagery
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly beauty subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behaviour, learn about them through our content and purchase full-size versions of the products they like.
Birchbox launched in the Autumn 2010 and is one of the fastest growing companies. We are backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. Birchbox has offices in New York, Paris, London and Barcelona – this position is strictly for the Mayfair, London office only.
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top