Buying & Merchandising Director, Birchbox UK
Birchbox UK is looking for a well established Buying & Merchandising Director with strong experience and relationships to take our subscription and e-commerce business to the next level. We need an inspirational leader to own brand partnership, subscription box sampling, online shop merchandising, and retail planning strategy through to day to day execution. You will report to the UK Managing Director and manage a growing team of six direct reports, working out of our Mayfair office.
Your responsibilities will include….
- Establish and execute against a strategic merchandising vision for our e-commerce shop to truly differentiate Birchbox in the UK market
- Leverage existing relationships to pitch and onboard top tier and cult prestige beauty brands, building long-term relationships to enhance our monthly subscription experience for our customers and accelerate our e-commerce sales growth
- Lead the team to effectively source large quantities of high-quality deluxe sample and travel-sized products each month, working toward aggressive sales targets and within a strict budget
- Build an increasingly sophisticated retail planning capability by establishing the right KPIs, processes, and team expertise
- Effectively manage a large budget, including the UK e-commerce shop P&L, and cash flow
- Lead our UK Brands Team by supporting and coaching a team of six to ensure effective day to day execution, contributing to career development / growth (across Sales & Account Management, Campaign Strategy, Brand Analytics, and Retail Planning)
- Partner with UK Leadership Team to establish our long-term business strategy, maintain and evolve our best in class team culture, and continue to disrupt the beauty industry via continual innovation
Your qualifications should include….
- 12+ years experience as Beauty Buyer / Merchandiser with strong e-commerce background
- UK beauty industry expertise and brand relationships required
- Strong people management and team leadership
- Experience managing large budget / P&L
… Have an entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a disruptive business
… Prioritize team culture and people management above all else, recognizing the value of establishing an effective organization and internal processes to drive business results
… Are a positive team-player who thrives on challenges, the opportunity to lead your teammates to problem solve, and have the mindset that no job is too small
… Are analytical and data-driven; you love using stats and numbers to make decisions and prove your point
… Are a planner and an organizer. You make project plans for everything and are already setting multiple reminders for things that need to get done six months from now
… Convey excitement and passion in everything you do, so much so that others comment on it
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top