BirchboxMan Merchandising Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched BirchboxMan and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
BirchboxMan is seeking a Fall Intern to join its team. This position is a great opportunity for an aspiring entrepreneur or Men's grooming/lifestyle enthusiast to get to know the industry from the inside out. It’s also a chance to have a real impact on the bottom line of a growing startup and to be involved in a variety of cross-functional projects. As the Merchandising Intern, you will work closely with the Merchants and Merchant Associates to explore the sales process. You will provide support in a variety of different tasks, from sample organization and product testing to systems management and brand research. If you’re self-motivated and want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the place for you.
The Merchandising Intern at Birchbox will:
- Update account information in Salesforce (contact information, current status/next steps, brand details)
- Log notes in Salesforce during brand calls
- Identify missing contact information (using LinkedIn, Google, etc) for new/dormant brands & entering information into Salesforce
- Organize the sample closet
- Assist Associates in managing samples/products between warehouse/cross teams
- Manage conference room scheduling conflicts
- Proof-read decks & print materials for in-person meetings
- Manage sending boxes to brands using UPS
- Be responsible for other ad hoc Merchant projects as needed
A successful Merchandising Intern candidate at Birchbox should:
- Be currently enrolled in a college or University program and be eligible to receive credit for internships
- Be a self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Have an interest in the beauty industry and in a client-facing role
- Own the mentality that "no job is too small"
- Be approachable and positive
- Show a genuine interest and understanding of the Birchbox value proposition
- Previous internship experience in an office environment preferred, but not required
* Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate 20 hours per week throughout the fall. *
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top