BirchboxMan Marketing & Content Intern, Fall 2017
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched BirchboxMan and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
BirchboxMan is seeking a Fall Intern to join its team. This position is a great opportunity for an aspiring entrepreneur or Men's grooming/lifestyle enthusiast to get to know the industry from the inside out. It’s also a chance to have a real impact on the bottom line of a growing startup and to be involved in a variety of cross-functional projects. If you’re self-motivated and want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the place for you.
The BirchboxMan Intern at Birchbox will:
- Conduct competitive Men's grooming and lifestyle analysis (digital marketing, product assortment and business model)
- Assist in community management on platforms such as: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter. This entails responding and resolving customer inquiries, praises, complaints, and needs.
- Ideate and help create content for social media posts, and campaigns
- Help to track and analyze success of social media content
- Monitor competitor activity across social media platforms
- Aid in preparation for photo shoots and events
- Prepare campaign briefs for BirchboxMan in line with the promotional strategy
- Monitor the execution of the brief ensure all assets are produced on time.
- Compare recap docs of promotional campaigns
- Provide asset direction based on analytical findings
- Collaborate with our content and design partners to improve our email program
- Propose and build a new Birchbox Email, from planning to execution
- Assist with an internal audit of our entire email marketing program
A successful BirchboxMan Intern candidate will have:
- A status of Junior or Senior in college
- A self-starter attitude, can take direction but work independently
- An interest in either the Men's grooming and/or lifestyle industry
- A "no job is too small" mindset
- An approachable & positive attitude
- An interest and understanding of the BirchboxMan value proposition and the company culture
- Previous internship experience in an office environment preferred
* Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate at maximum 20 hours per week throughout the fall. *
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top