Associate Merchant - Women's Beauty
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in six countries, including France, Spain, UK, Belgium and Canada. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Why are Associate Merchants important to Birchbox?
Our Merchant teams are the force behind our mission at Birchbox- without them, we would not be able to give consumers a personalized way to discover and shop for new beauty and grooming products. As an integral member within the Merchandising team, the Associate Merchants provide daily support to the Merchants which entails: researching, data entry, creation of sales materials, generating reports, client communication and much more. Overall, they provide assistance and support to the team so together we can drive new partnerships with brands and deliver great products to our customers.
Associate Merchants at Birchbox will:
- Launch product and brand pages on Birchbox.com
- Review online product pages and product descriptions for use in boxes
- Maintain and update detailed client information using internal tools and Salesforce
- Work closely with Supply Chain team and brand partners on shipment and product related issues
- Project Manage brand campaigns with Marketing, Social and Editorial teams
- Research potential new brands partners
- Research and prepare brand information to be used during sales pitches
- Collect and maintain physical samples in office
- Generate weekly and monthly sales reports
- Ensure that all products are accurately presented across the site
- Look for ways to improve product information or do things more efficiently
A successful Associate Merchant candidate has:
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
- Experience in Merchandising, Sales, or Planning a plus
- Experience with Mac OS, Power Point, Excel and Google Docs a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
Meet Some of Birchbox's Employees
From your first moments browsing the Birchbox site ’til the moment that beautiful pink box arrives on your doorstep, David is behind the scenes orchestrating the smoothest, most effortless process possible.
Back to top