Associate Merchandise Planner
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in six countries, including France, Spain, UK, Belgium and Canada. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Why are Associate Merchandise Planners important to Birchbox?
Birchbox is looking for an Associate Merchandise Planner to join the Merchandising & Planning team. You will work within a category of business supporting a Planner by analyzing sales trends and identifying business opportunities in a highly complex and dynamic environment. We are looking for someone willing to dive in and provide insights about all of the different categories within beauty, grooming and lifestyle. You will also collaborate with many other cross functional teams in this role including Merchandising, Finance, Operations, and Marketing.
An Associate Merchandise Planner at Birchbox will:
- Support the planner with data reporting and analysis
- Assist the planner with forecasting sales, samples and inventory
- Ensure receipts are rolling up against open to buy forecast for the month
- Provide initial call-outs on weekly business recap reports and any meaningful recommendations for forecast updates
- Generate weekly reports for business review meetings with merchandising
- Generate biweekly replenishment orders
- Reforecast sales and receipts sales and receipts on a monthly basis
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc needs for the Director of Planning
A successful Associate Merchandise Planner candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years experience in quantitative role (planning, buying, finance, etc)
- Experience in multi-brand enviroment and e-commerce a plus
- Motivated by being part of a start-up environment and have the mindset that no job is too small
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and naturally organized
- The drive to "Google it" when you don't know
Back to top