VP, Business Development
The world is changing faster than ever before, and the pace of disruption continues to accelerate. To keep up—and grow—businesses must build for where the world is going, not for where it’s been.
Bionic is a collective of radical outsiders who have built and scaled companies across sectors and around the world. We’re entrepreneurs, investors, futurists, and makers focused on igniting and building growth within large companies.
Enterprises are skilled at making big businesses even bigger. Entrepreneurs and early-stage investors, on the other hand, are skilled at discovering new opportunities and turning them into big businesses. We’ve combined the best of both worlds, introducing enterprises to the methodology, tools, and systems of entrepreneurship and venture capital. We call this the Growth Operating System.
We believe that growth revolutions start with unlocking the creativity and potential of people. With a clear sense of purpose and the right tools, the people that power the world’s greatest companies are able to discover and build the future at scale.
About the role:
We’re looking for a VP, Business Development who will work hand-in-hand with our Founder/CEO to drive Business Development.
This VP will drive our Business Development efforts (pipeline management, follow up, contract negotiations, etc.) and will represent Bionic alongside our CEO in meetings with prospective clients, who are primarily CEOs of Fortune 100 companies.
The ideal candidate has worked with senior-level executives of enterprise organizations in a client-facing capacity and has held a leadership role in Business Development for a management consulting firm, startup, or agency.
Your ability to create and drive relationships is mission-critical in this role. You also have a knack for thinking several steps ahead in a sales cycle and proactively identifying possible risks or issues before they arise.
- Serve as the operational partner to our CEO/Founder in all aspects of Business Development (Pipeline Management, Follow-ups, Collateral, and Contract Negotiations)
- Seek out and source prospective clients by developing external networks and identifying intel that informs potential business development deals
- Develop and drive business metrics and goals in order to determine best ways for generating new partnership revenue
- Build and own client-partner relationships on an ongoing basis - primarily within the C-suite of Fortune 500 organizations
- Work with internal product delivery teams to ensure that early-stage contract negotiations are accurately defined in congruence with client partner’s goals
- Able to move from the strategic to the tactical and back again while being effectively proactive and not simply reactive
- Travel as necessary (25-35% of the time)
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a Business Development professional with a career mix of startup and enterprise experience.
- Proven track record of closing successful business development deals within an enterprise sales capacity.
- Proven ability to organize and drive forward pipeline processes, whether Sales, Business Development, or Marketing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a gift for client-facing interactions. You will do a lot of writing in this role, so it should be among your strengths.
- Entrepreneurial and analytical spirit; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly-evolving business with a strong desire to build something great.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high EQ; professional and confident demeanor with all levels of client stakeholders.
- Passion and curiosity for the future of innovation.
- Startup environment in which you’ll make a true impact on the product and business.
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking, and risk-taking with incredible teammates.
- Participation in the future’s biggest trends and innovations in partnership with the world’s greatest brands.
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, a fully-stocked kitchen, and views of Central Park.
- Company offsites and abundant recognition and rewards for good work.
Bionic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
See Inside the Office of Bionic
Bionic is an army of entrepreneurs igniting growth revolutions inside the world’s largest companies. With the belief that enterprises can grow like startups again, Bionic created a unique approach to enterprise innovation called the Growth OS. This platform combines the mechanics, tools, and mindsets of entrepreneurship and VCs that creates sustainable growth capability.
Back to top