Bionic is an army of entrepreneurs who have built and scaled companies. We know that large enterprises can grow like scaled startups when they leverage the methods and tools of lean entrepreneurship and the portfolio-mindset of venture investing. We serve Global 2000 enterprises, with whom we partner to install our proprietary startup/venture solution called the Bionic Growth Operating System, which builds a permanent, always-on capability for growth.
About the role:
The Entrepreneur-In-Residence of Bionic serves as a growth investment advisor to our Partners' (clients') C-suites.
The ideal Entrepreneur-In-Residence is a seasoned entrepreneur with enterprise experience and a passion for driving entrepreneurial new market development. They will be a thought partner in our Entrepreneur's discovery and validation of growth opportunities for our Partners, leveraging the Bionic Growth Operating System mindsets, methods and tools. They will also act as a strategic investment advisor to Partners, sitting on investment Growth Boards and providing C-suite coaching. And, as a leader of Bionic, this person will be an instrumental contributor to Bionic's strategy, growth, team and Bionic Operating System.
The ideal Entrepreneur In Residence is a leader and builder, forward-thinking, curious, energizing, able to inspire big thinking and achieve the highest standard of outcomes. The right person has gritty startup experience, as well as business acumen and leadership experience to affect change in the world's largest companies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, inspire, and develop Bionic's team of Entrepreneurs, responsible for the identification and development of strategic growth opportunities for Bionic's Partners
- Sit on Partner C-suite Growth (investment) Boards, advising senior executives on their growth investment decisions and developing capabilities as growth leaders
- Be responsible for delivering Partner growth outcomes and success of Partner relationship
- Develop and leverage a network of entrepreneurs, investors, enterprise executives and subject matter experts
- Participate in Bionic's leadership team to help evolve and build the company
- Have extraordinary industry knowledge that allows you to coach executives on key milestones, strategic business models, and portfolio management.
Additionally, you will embody these abilities and characteristics:
- Lead Partners in developing visions and roadmaps for growth opportunities
- Model entrepreneurial vision and learning-driven experimentation approach
- Emphasize and value learning vs outcome of experiments
- Demonstrate understanding of enterprise perspective
- Understand the rigor of idea validation required to drive confidence in investment decisions
- Earn C-suite and Bionic team respect, credibility, and trust
- Embody and actively participate in Bionic culture
- Work collaboratively with Partner and Bionic teams
- Exemplify and advocate operational excellence from Entrepreneur team
- Contribute to raising Bionic's external profile and brand
- Be deeply embedded in the local startup ecosystem
In this role,
You must have:
- 20+ years experience, preferably as startup executive, venture investor, enterprise executive, enterprise intrapreneurship, or product management
- 5+ years building successful startup teams with successful exit(s) and the expected failures along the way
- 5+ years of experience working in or closely with large enterprises, ideally in a transformational role
- Experience as venture/angel/enterprise investor a plus
- Exposure to consulting or strategy/innovation agency experience may be a plus
- Startup environment where you'll have the opportunity to make a material impact on the company and Global 2000 businesses at the C-suite level.
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking and risk-taking with incredible teammates.
- Participation in the future's biggest trends and innovations in partnership with the world's greatest brands.
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, a fully-stocked kitchen, and views of Central Park.
- Company off-sites and abundant rewards and recognition for good work.
Bionic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
See Inside the Office of Bionic
Bionic is an army of entrepreneurs igniting growth revolutions inside the world’s largest companies. With the belief that enterprises can grow like startups again, Bionic created a unique approach to enterprise innovation called the Growth OS. This platform combines the mechanics, tools, and mindsets of entrepreneurship and VCs that creates sustainable growth capability.
Back to top