Customer Insights Specialist
Founded and staffed with Entrepreneurs, Bionic ignites Growth Revolutions in the world’s largest companies by bringing Startup and VC experience to the enterprise. We install the Growth OS: talent, tools, platform and experiences that unlock entrepreneurial growth with confidence and speed.
We participate in the future’s biggest trends and innovations in partnership with the world’s greatest brands. We’re looking for bold thinkers who like to build, and will help us shape the future our organization.
We’re growing quickly, and are looking for a Customer Insights Specialist to join the Bionic Labs team. The Customer Insights Specialist is a strategic and passionate Researcher who will design, develop and execute Customer Discovery and Product/Market Fit experiments for our clients, and provide end-to-end, hands-on support and guidance to our clients during the innovation process.
The right person will be an authority in Customer Discovery Research and will blend the ability to design, develop and execute customized research with a knack for effectively telling the story of data captured. The Customer Insights Specialist will play a critical role in validating revolutionary technologies, products and business models with our clients as they develop meaningful solutions for the future.
- Full immersion in the customer’s perspective, whether B2B or B2C, to understand their needs and to create hypotheses around growth and innovation.
- Develop appropriate research plans to test and validate our hypotheses through an iterative series of experiments.
- Execute the research plan, by leveraging a deep toolkit of methods, including creating interview guides, conducting customer interviews, running surveys, digital experiments, prototype testing and other methods.
- Iterate and evolve programs in real-time based on learnings to get to the core of the hypotheses.
- Capture insights and synthesize learnings into reports.
- Drive best-practices on researching, prototyping, and experimenting across the organization, continually improving our intelligence and understanding.
- Expand our capabilities through exploration of innovative new research solutions and thought leadership.
- Collaborate closely with our client partners, entrepreneur coaches and vendors along the innovation journey.
- Strong background (at least 5 years) in conducting primary qualitative and quantitative customer research in a corporate research, consulting, agency, ethnographic or relevant environment or capacity.
- Experience with Lean experimentation, Design Thinking, user-centred design, rapid prototyping or similar techniques.
- Proven experience leading customer research including:
- Creating and executing customer interviews and usability test programs.
- Implementing customer surveys, digital experiments and ethnographic studies.
- Participating in iterative prototype development and testing programs.
- Facilitating and moderating research sessions in person and remotely.
- Project managing programs and coordinating stakeholders and participants.
- Synthesizing learnings and creating actionable reports.
- Leading discussions and presentations about findings to executives and teams.
- Start-up experience and attitude but polish to work with corporate executives.
- Ability to understand dynamics, stakeholders and customer across multiple industries and roles.
- Understand how research drives the innovation process, finding creative ways to gather insight and inspire confidence in ambiguous situations.
- Commitment to constant learning and development as a researcher.
- Design / UX experience and the ability to mock up wireframes and solutions a bonus
- Rapidly-growing startup environment where you’ll make a true impact on the product and business.
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking and risk-taking with incredible teammates.
- Participation in the future’s biggest trends and innovations in partnership with the world’s greatest brands.
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, a fully-stocked kitchen, and views of Central Park.
- Company off-sites and abundant recognition and rewards for good work.
See Inside the Office of Bionic
Bionic is an army of entrepreneurs igniting growth revolutions inside the world’s largest companies. With the belief that enterprises can grow like startups again, Bionic created a unique approach to enterprise innovation called the Growth OS. This platform combines the mechanics, tools, and mindsets of entrepreneurship and VCs that creates sustainable growth capability.
Back to top