Vendor Contract Lead - Technical
- Cambridge, MA
The Clinical Procurement Contract Lead (VCL) role provides strategic vendor outsourcing leadership within the Clinical Services Procurement (CSP) team for particular categories. The VCL collaborates with a Strategic Sourcing Clinical Category Lead during the vendor selection process to ensure Master Agreement terms can be operationalized within CSP. The VCL ensures a best in class approach with regard to clinical vendor outsourcing and contracting for their clinical vendor categories.
1. Contract Delivery and Governance
a. Within select categories, has overall accountability for the completion of all clinical vendor SOWs and purchase requisitions in accordance with Sourcing Strategies developed for the category in compliance with company financial/legal controls and MSA terms (if applicable), ensuring alignment with study timelines to meet business demand
b. Independently leads and completes key High Value/Low Volume SOWs and streamlines processes to increase efficiency in the contracting process
c. Works with Vendor Contract Managers (VCMs) to manage volume of work as necessary
d. Channels business to preferred vendors; manages exceptions
2. Lead the implementation and execution of vendor outsourcing strategy within category:
a. Create and implement contracting governance, processes, tools & templates to limit/eliminate contract exceptions and change orders for the categories responsible
b. Provides forecasts to vendors and verifies they have capacity to meet demand
c. Develops market expertise in the assigned category
d. Representation in Governance Forum for Vendor Category (if needed)
3. Strategic Sourcing Support: Above and Below the Purchasing Policy Threshold:
a. With input from strategic sourcing and business stakeholders, lead/oversee sourcing and negotiate Master Service Agreements & Service Level Agreements for services below the purchasing policy threshold and not covered by a sourcing strategy/preferred vendor
b. Participates in strategic sourcing projects as CSP’s Study Matter Expert
4. Lead/participate in the creation and maintenance of department processes, tools and templates
5. Lead/participate in department and/or Global Clinical Operations (GCO)/R&D initiatives that have direct impact to role
• Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in clinical vendor management/clinical outsourcing within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or Clinical Contract Organization (CRO) industries
• Extensive experience in vendor contract negotiation and execution across Phase I-IV trials • Strong experience leading or implementing contracting solutions with global CROs as well as for ancillary vendors such as eCOA, IXR, imaging, central labs, etc.
• Strong knowledge and experience of clinical vendor strategy, contracting and financial processes; experience with procure-to-pay systems (e.g. Oracle, MarkView, etc.)
• Knowledge of the clinical development process (Pharma R&D and Clinical) with a clear understanding of operational and quality (GCP) aspects. Experience working in an clinical operations area is a plus.
• Strong financial negotiation skills
• Excellent people and customer service skills demonstrating an ability to work as a team player within matrix teams, interacting with all levels of staff, both within and external to the company to establish good partnerships/alliances
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• MBA or other related business experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top