Sr. Medical Science Liaison-Alzheimer's Disease-Central Region
- Chicago, IL
This is a field based role with multiple roles open within the territory. The states for this territory include: MN, WI, MI, IN, OH, W.PA, IL, IA, W.VA, KY
With deep expertise in the therapeutic area the Medical Science Liaison for our emerging market/Alzheimer's Disease enables critical customer engagement with Key Medical Experts, HCPs and other relevant customers such that they understand the clinical and scientific narrative for Biogen’s therapies. The Next Generation Medical Science Liaison for our emerging market/Alzheimer's Disease enables critical customer engagement with all tiers of Key Medical Experts, HCPs and other relevant customers such that they understand the clinical and scientific narrative for Biogen’s therapies.
They are trusted and credible deep medical/scientific experts that provide the most relevant, reliable and unbiased scientific information to meet the unique needs of each customer and their patients, as well as Biogen’s clinical and medical strategies.
They are dynamic; always acting within compliance guardrails, they initiate interactions and are not merely passive repositories of knowledge, but seek to engage and provide the best medical and scientific information to HCPs in order to better patients’ lives.
They are focused on building deep, strategic, long-term relationships with customers and are seen as partners, rather than being transactional in their interactions. They possess “medical business savvy” and customer focus while remaining non-promotional—they are able to navigate discussions to balance what is useful to customers with Biogen’s medical strategy and bring back useful insights.
They are rigorously measured both qualitatively and quantitively and held highly accountable to their goals.
· Passion for science and deep scientific knowledge: Demonstrates a deep passion for medicine, science and clinical development; Is a subject matter expert in their TA
· Effective communication: Communicates clearly, confidently, and credibly; Easily understands other points of views and responds appropriately; Listens with empathy to respond to current and future needs and adjust the communication according to the audience
· Business Acumen- Understands impact of decision and how they impact Biogen as a whole, is opportunistic and results oriented
· A positive, solutions and opportunity-oriented attitude
· Inquisitive and opportunistic approach: Exhibits marked curiosity about healthcare and business opportunities; Challenges the status quo and experiments to create new possibilities; Is resilient and navigate through ambiguity with determination to innovate; Demonstrates a potential to perceive and then engage in new opportunities for collaboration; Develop solutions quickly to take advantage of emerging opportunities; Take calculated risks and learn from failure
· Team player: Enjoys working in a collaborative effort towards a common goal; Personable and someone people want to be around; Is consistent in their approach to compliant collaboration; Has strong and trusted cross-functional working relationships which enables rapid alignment on compliant solutions/compromises to minimize/avoid delays
· Digital potential: Comfortable using and experimenting with technology; Embraces and optimally utilizes new tools and systems; Demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to learn if not yet well versed
· Customer-minded: Keep patients, payers and physicians front and center in their daily work and collaborate to solve critical scientific and business challenges; Knowledgeable about the healthcare and access landscape with a clear understanding of how it impacts the customer’s behaviors and clinical practices; Demonstrates a passion for the business surrounding sciences; Able to articulate Biogen medical strategy and link to KME engagement
· Accountability: Delivers reliably against their goals; Motivated to perform to meet and even exceed metrics and KPIs. See’s metrics and KPIs as a positive opportunity to communicate value to internal stakeholders
Ethical: Understands rules for industry and is committed to following them for the benefit of patients.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as an MSL
• Advanced Scientific or Clinical degree is required.
• PharmD or PhD level is desired, not mandatory
• Experience in the respective TA is preferred
• Ability to manage KME Panel and Tier 1 KMEs more independently and with a high level of proficiency
• Knowledge and understanding of the disease state advanced to peer level with tier 2 KME’s
•Able to travel at least 60% of the time, including ability to travel overnight and occasionally in weekends.
•Must be 18 years of age or older with valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Must have authorization and ability to drive a company leased vehicle or rental.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top