(Sr) Medical Liaison Manager– New Products (f/m/d)
- Munich, Germany
We´re right now recruiting for a field-based
(Sr) Medical Liaison Manager - New Products (f/m/d)
- Provides medical scientific support to KMEs and PAGs in Germany (70% field, 30% office)
- Disseminates high quality complex scientific information and provide innovative medical education content holds medical scientific presentations and leads discussions with experts
- Supports and executes medical education activities and disease awareness projects in collaboration with medical scientific community, KMEs and PAGs
- Establishes a KME / stakeholder network and builds KME / stakeholder engagement plans
- Supports the development and execution of medical (pre)launch plans
- Understands the current status and identifies opportunities for evolving standards of care in new indication
- Support therapeutic experts in developing concepts and protocols for SRAs / IITs / registries .
- Appropriately interacts and collaborates with other internal functions (e.g. sales, market access or pharmacovigilance)
- Supports and executes internal education and training on disease area and treatment
- Stays up to date with therapy advances, current research, medical scientific knowledge and detailed knowledge on Biogen products & relevant Disease Areas
- Member and support of Global projects and teams
- Supports expanded access programs (EAPs) for therapies under development.
- Supports clinical trials in defined therapeutic areas, collaborating closely with Clinical Operations (GCO)
- Medical or life science qualification (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience including work in pharmaceutical industry
- Willingness to travel (50-60%)
- Strong customer orientation, science based
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Market Access, Legal and compliance environment.
- Willingness to work and collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Independent team worker
- Flexible mind-set and see changes as mandatory
- Pro-active self-starter
- High energy level and able to deal with stress.
- An insight and/or interest in rare diseases, neuromuscular diseases or neurology is essential.
- Fluent in English
- The MLM provides field-based medical / scientific expertise ensuring understanding of the disease area and Biogen’s products as appropriate. He is integral to building valued constructive partnerships with key stakeholders in the medical community and the healthcare system. The MLM contributes to company success through both internal and external medical education and medical/scientific information exchange and support. He is building consensus on critical success factors cross-functionally (Commercial, Medical, Market Access)
- The MLM utilizes his medical/scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to Identify the critical path activities to maximize launch readiness across functions
- The MLM should therefore have expertise in and knowledge of therapeutic areas, patient-treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the new products and upcoming TAs and continuously update this expertise and knowledge.
- The MLM should be able to translate and present highly complex medical scientific content to KMEs and have experience in managing complex medical projects and to develop and execute scientific communication strategy incl material creation) from early phase to lauch aligned with global strategies.
- The MLM should be able to analyse the impact of a pipeline product on the current landscape of a new indication (diagnosis, treatment)
- Accomplishment of these goals must comply with the terms and conditions outlined in Biogen’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Specific focus areas (e.g. key competencies) will be decided.
Back to top