Senior Value and Access Manager
- Copenhagen, Denmark
The Senior Value and Access Manager will support the pricing and reimbursement strategy for our Alzheimer’s disease product, potentially the first biologic therapy in Alzheimer’s Disease. The person will be responsible for providing strategic vision, tactical expertise and support in relation to the reimbursement submission, negotiation strategy, reimbursement of the diagnostic pathway, innovative access schemes, development of value materials, communications and tools as well as engagement with a variety of external stakeholders. The Senior Manager will report to the Ass. Director Market Access, Value & Access function in Biogen Denmark.
You will support the development of affiliate market access strategies for Alzheimer’s in Denmark and independently lead and coordinate cross functional projects (eg. cooperation with medical function on reimbursement dossiers) to provide the health economic evidence needed to gain and maintain reimbursement for Alzheimer’s as well as demonstrate added value to other national and regional stakeholders. Furthermore you will support the Ass. Dir. Market Access in negotiations with AMGROS. Engage with external stakeholders, research registries and conduct analysis to obtain information (input data) and dialogue with relevant stakeholders needed to secure access for Biogen products in Denmark.
HEOR: Lead and coordinate projects with external stakeholders incl. HTA vendors to provide the health economic evidence/value needed to gain and maintain reimbursement and/ or demonstrating added value with our products to regional stakeholders, Drive local data generation, to fill payer communication gaps, liaise closely with global V&A to ensure alignment to strategy and other initiatives for data generation
Pricing & Reimbursement: Prepare and execute pricing and reimbursement applications, including internal approval process of price strategy (Pricing Council presentations), development of P&R dossier, manage dialogue with Amgros/negotiations together with Market Access Ass. Dir. Management of budgets, resources and timelines related to reimbursement applications.
Field Market Access: In alignment with Sales/Marketing Management develop market access tools as presentations, localized value stories, budget impact models etc. to support meetings with clinic heads, pharmacologists and other decision-making bodies to manage expectations and demonstrate added value of the treatment
National Market Access: Manage initiatives that raise awareness of medical needs within Biogen therapeutic areas and initiatives that illustrate the value of effective treatment within those areas. Represent Biogen in LIF HTA committee. Cooperate with Market Access Head and external PA vendor on Disease Awareness initiatives.
Internal Biogen collaboration in region: Be accountable for the delivery of performance objectives & financial KPIs ensuring highest ethical standards. Actively contribute to the development of country level forecasts in close collaboration with global (e.g. patient pathway, out of pocket or unfunded diagnostic expenses). Partner with global V&A functional leads as necessary to explore innovative access strategies as a local level. Develop a robust payer engagement plan and negotiations pathway and comply with EU+ ELOT (European Launch Operations Team) processes and tools to design, track and manage this plan on time, on budget. Manage designated collaboration projects and best-practice sharing initiatives within our region. Being an expert within market access that can coach, mentor with Biogen colleagues.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant market access, HTA, reimbursement and public affairs within the (bio) pharmaceuticals industry (part of experience may include time in relevant consulting, HTA agency and/or direct payer experience)
- Higher academic level: MBA, MPA, MPH and/or post-graduate education in health economics
- Prior launch experience in a market access capacity
- Experience in developing submissions for the Medicine Council, tools for HTA such as cost effectiveness models, budget impact models
- Strong technical understanding of pricing, reimbursement, access in Denmark with demonstrated track record
- Prior experience in market access, health economics, pricing, public affairs, government affairs
- Sound knowledge of the Medicine Council processes, pricing and reimbursement and the financing pathways of health care in Denmark
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentations skills
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects and external vendors
- A flexible and collaborative mindset, ability to change directions and work in a fast pace in a dynamic, ever-evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with different functions and lead workstreams in a matrix organization
Deadline for application: 1st March 2020
Back to top