About This Role
The Senior Training Manager (STM) role is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing training programs for field-based Reimbursement Managers in multiple therapeutic areas. Area of focus to include learning programs which will increase the skills, knowledge, and behaviors of our Reimbursement Managers with the goal of positively impacting reimbursement challenges with customers. Learning programs to include new hire training, product launches, national, divisional, and regional meetings, distance learning programs, instructor-led programs, and other identified training opportunities and methodologies.
In this role the STM will work closely with field and marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of Biogen products and Reimbursement support for the marketplace; (s)he will develop training to support tactical implementation of the Biogen resources that support reimbursement and access challenges. The STM will work with other training team members and field force trainers to achieve business and learning goals. In this role, the STM must partner effectively with Field Leadership, Marketing, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Patient Services, and other strategic partners to develop and deliver training that helps deliver desired results.
What You’ll Do
• Design and develop training content to support the learning needs of field-based Reimbursement Managers; goal is to increase skills and knowledge to positively impact effectiveness of team
• Analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate (ADDIE) training programs and materials for continuing education of Reimbursement Managers
• Support learning needs for ongoing reimbursement needs including product launches, national meetings, region meetings utilizing a blended learning approach with a mix of live and virtual platforms for delivery
• Facilitate learning delivery for various audiences including new hires, national meetings, regional meetings, advanced and ongoing training
• Engage with field leadership to provide feedback on developmental needs and performance
• Design and analyze assessments to identify skills and knowledge gaps for future learning opportunities
• Design and analyze learning surveys to assess impact of learning programs
• Partner with internal stakeholders’ team to ensure a thorough understanding of products in marketplace, strategies, and tactics; develop training to support tactical implementation of strategy
• Collaborate with Legal, Regulatory and Compliance to develop and secure approvals of learning content for commercial organization
• Partner with Sales Leadership to understand learning needs and priorities for successful customer engagements.
• Manager external vendors to build high quality learning content; ensure delivery on time and within set budget
• Engage broadly within the US Leadership, Commercial Learning and Field Force Trainers to ensure alignment and achievement or organization
• Apply principles of adult learning to ensure training effectiveness. Access resources to keep up to date on industry best practices and learning strategies.
• Develop workshops and learning materials to support US and Global learning needs
• Be accountable for building a concrete understanding of Biogen’s stance and efforts around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as well as integrate DE&I strategies into the talent lifecycle (e.g. talent management, hiring, compensation)
• Actively participate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, such as Employee Resource Networks programming, to reinforce HR’s commitment to an inclusive, engaging environment
• Willingness to travel domestically; up to 20% of travel could be required.
Who You Are
You are experienced in reimbursement within the life sciences industry and have a passion for training. You thrive working in a fast-paced matrixed environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously while effectively collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders. You love coaching and developing team members.
• 7+ years of professional experience required; including pharmaceutical or biotech selling experience
• Reimbursement experience preferred
• Successful healthcare industry training experience preferred
• Ability to think critically and strategically
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to teach, coach and develop people in complex sales organization
• Ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment
• Understanding of the selling process – ability to comprehend and execute sales processes
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, complete on time and on budget
• Resulted oriented with high standards and achievement of stretch goals
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other tools
• Proficient with variety of Platforms for Virtual Learning (eg: Teams, Zoom, etc)
• Experience with Veeva Vault or other content approval tools/systems
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
The Senior Training Manager (STM) role is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing training programs for field-based Reimbursement Managers in multiple therapeutic areas.