Senior Manager, Data Management Operations
- Maidenhead, United Kingdom
The Senior Manager, Clinical Data Management Operations, is responsible for meeting program(s) or overall Therapeutic Area (TA) data management and milestones and allocating adequate and appropriate resources for the oversight of data management activities outsources to Clinical Research Organizations and Functional Sourcing Providers across all drug programs. He/she is accountable for driving high standards for individual and team accomplishments of CDM operations staff. He/She supports all aspects of recruitment, training and development of CDM operations staff, and ensuring that skills and abilities are in line with future direction and strategies for CDM. This person participates in the development and implementation of best practices for data management and ensures these practices are employed consistently across studies and drug development programs. He/She is responsible for contributing to strategy, policy, operations management and capability building in CDM operations by participating/leading internal and/or cross-functional teams. He/She collaborates closely with all CDM and/or ADS functional heads and other functional leadership peers to ensure adequate planning and resources to ensure delivery of project/program timelines and quality goals. May serve as a study-level Data Management Operations Lead as required.
5% - Strategy: Contributes to the operational strategy for the Clinical Data Management Group in support of the overarching ADS Departmental Strategy.
60% - Execution: Accountable to meet portfolio deliverables through project, resource, and operational management of data management deliverables including effective- risk mitigation; capacity planning; vendor management; implementation of technology solutions; and cross-functional communication. As required, serves as a study-level DMOL.
20% - Process or Technical Improvements: Contributes to business process development and quality management, development of best practices; and consistent global performance and standard compliant business practices.
15% - Leadership and Management: Accountable for employee development through talent acquisition and retention; management; and development of departmental staff. Provides leadership and management of personnel in CDM, cascading information and goals, and proposing operational strategy/improvements.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a leadership position within an organization with a focus on data management
- Deep understanding of drug development and biopharmaceutical industry preferred
- Intellectual thought leadership, strategic and critical thinking to influence peers/reports
- Strong management skills, and ability to effectively lead and collaborate with various business functions
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective business relationships with external stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of clinical data management outsourcing with full-service, global CROs and FSPs. Experience managing in a matrix environment and collaborating across functions and organizations, including demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Ability to successfully implement change management and lead others through change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building skills
- Participation in Cross-functional initiatives/effective change management of process or technical improvements
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, IT, Biology, Social Science, etc.
Back to top