Medical Science Liaison, Alzheimer’s Disease
- Budapest, Hungary
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen passionately seeks to discover, develop and deliver to patients worldwide innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia and autoimmune disorders. The Medical Liaison Manager will be responsible for leading and representing Hungarian Affiliate for Biogen’s extending portfolio in Alzheimer’s disease with a focus on country-specific needs and opportunities for the medical function.
- Provide medical input into regional / global medical strategy for AD leveraging local customer insights that help prepare the anticipated introduction of new medicines, working cross-functionally with key internal partner functions to address the medical need in Hungary.
- Lead, develop and implement country AD medical plans, partnering with the affiliate leadership team across functions to define, establish and execute a coherent local strategic plan that addresses patient needs
- Partner and collaborate with market access to show potential medical value of compounds in development relevant to local external stakeholders (payers, HCPs, agencies)
- Develop and execute phase IV studies, registries, IITs and SRAs for AD as required.
- Support regulatory strategies for product specific activities
- Work closely with cross functional colleagues including commercial teams to create and drive medical product tactics that have the ability to enhance patient well-being and that deliver value to both patients and their healthcare teams.
- Collaborate with national Governmental and Corporate Affairs team to develop and implement a communication strategy
- Collaborate with Global Clinical Operations and CCL on early phase trials in the AD pipeline, phase III, and later phase IV activities (including site and PI lead selection)
- Develop and manage budgets for medical activities and provide input into the affiliate budgeting and planning process
- Build local medical science expertise of the Biogen Alzheimer Portfolio
- Facilitate sharing of best practices and knowledge across products and locations (training internally)
- Facilitate medical information request process (MedInfo), patient support program (PSP) and patient advocacy groups
- Develop and manage an external medical expert network to ensure relevant and appropriate integration of accruing external medical expertise for Hungary.
- Build high value-added continuous medical educational programs in AD for external stakeholders
- Coordinate medical review of country-specific AD materials to ensure scientific accuracy when needed and clearly express rationale for any objection and sign-off before release
- Provide medical perspective and knowledge to other teams within the affiliate and at regional / global level
- Create a climate in which self-motivated individuals will aspire to higher levels of performance
· Ensure exchange of medical information with other functions as appropriate for medical affairs and behave as a role model
- Identify lifecycle development opportunities for product based on patient needs
MD, PhD (Life Sciences) or Pharm D qualification
o Min 6+ years’ experience within a medical affairs role in Pharmaceutical industry (prior experience in dementia/neurology/psychiatry preferred)
o Ability to communicate and work in English
o Knowledge and understanding of disease area, local health care system / market dynamics, regulations, policies and SOPs, health economic techniques and trends
o Broad experience in interaction with health authorities
o Demonstrated strategic approach to implementation of scientific communication programs on disease areas and treatments
o Has demonstrated leadership skills and acquired knowledge and skills/competencies to the degree expected at job level
· Technical’ Competencies
o Strategic & business acumen: Excellent understanding of strategic/business needs of the affiliate organization
o Scientific acumen: Hold ‘peer to peer’ relationships with top tier AD thought leaders
o Statistical & data interpretation: Required for review and support of medical information
o Medical writing as required
o Experience in reviewing and approving promotional and non-promotional materials and familiar with the relevant pharmaceutical codes of practice.
· Process Related Core Competencies
o Focus on scientific exchange: interactions with top tier though leaders, physicians and patient organizations and internal stakeholders
o Communicating effectively: Ability to convey complex scientific concepts and information appropriately tailored to the audience e.g. affiliate staff and regional / global Medical Affairs leadership
· Relating skills: Strong need to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Process management: Strong project management, and success measurement skills
Back to top