Market Access Manager - Neurosciences
- Brussels, Belgium
The Market Access Manager gives operational support to the AD Market Access & External Affairs. The purpose of this role is to lead the payer related activities in Belgium and Luxembourg in close collaboration with AD Market Access and External Affairs BeLux and contributes to the partnership with decision makers, payers and other strategic stakeholders to enable the successful launch of new and existing medicines in Biogen BeLux product portfolio. The Market Access Manager, Luxembourg in close collaboration with AD Market Access and External Affairs BeLux, is responsible for the elaboration of high-quality reimbursement submissions and the follow-up of the reimbursement procedures. He or she contributes to the development of negotiation strategies and innovative financial schemes for managed entry agreements, supports market access projects and engages in the Trade Association by participation to working groups related to market access.
- Gather and communicate the payer needs, coordinates the product plan for market access, participate in teleconferences, core product team meetings.
- Prepare all local payer related materials needed for any Market Access related stakeholder development/engagement
- Prepare the scientific and economic dossiers for submission, prepare pricing discussions, in close collaboration with all relevant internal & external stakeholders.
- Drive local data generation, to fill payer evidence gaps, liaise closely with with BeLux AD Market Access and External Affairs, Medical Lead AD and where relevant with global/international V&A Team to ensure alignment to strategy and other initiatives for data generation
- Prepare for successful reimbursement negotiations & create the negotiation framework (scenario planning) with all negotiation steps carefully planned.
- Ensure local cross functional work with Public Affairs Lead functional Medical & Commercial Leads to prepare the market for medicines in new therapeutic domains
- Work closely with the Regional V&A team to ensure appropriateness of materials delivered. Partner and collaborate on timelines, strategic and tactical plans and KPIs
In close collaboration with AD Market Access and External Affairs Belux :
1. Gather and communicate the payer needs and coordinate the product plan for Market access, participate in teleconferences, core product team meetings.
· Partner and liaise with the payer segment and their stakeholders to ensure their viewpoint is brought into all launch planning activities
· Participates actively in industry associations working groups (see higher)
Prepare all local payer related materials needed for Market Access Success
2. Prepare the scientific and economic dossiers for submission
• Demonstrate value in a manner that is meaningful to payers.
• Lead the x-functional affiliate team to prepare reimbursement submissions, develop economic models and present economic evidence to payers.
• Drive local data generation, to fill payer communication gaps, liaise closely with global V&A to ensure alignment to strategy and other initiatives for data generation (see comment higher)
3. Pricing & Reimbursement
• Support the development of local pricing and reimbursement strategies through continued collaboration with affiliate x-functional and international-based V&A colleagues
• Develop a robust negotiations pathway and comply with EU+ ELOT (European Launch Operations Team) processes and tools to design, track and manage this plan on time, on budget.
• Drive and coordinate the pricing & reimbursement submission procedures for new and existing products and indications
• Drive and coordinate the daily market access business (pricing, reimbursement and budgetary issues)
4. Stakeholder Management
· Develop a robust governmental & payer engagement plan to establish & foster relationships with relevant national and regional stakeholders
Cultivate and maintain relationships with thought leaders, payers, professional organizations, patient advocacy (in close collaboration with PA Manager) and associated key stakeholders (in the assigned region & countries??). Collaborate successfully with the local Public Affairs, Medical and commercial team to design and execute an effective stakeholder engagement approach. Build the Biogen reputation in new therapeutic domains and the patient disease communities, maintaining strong relationships and trust with key stakeholders and PAGs
• The position will work closely with affiliate public affairs, medical affairs, (see next bullet), and commercial teams.
• Work closely with legal and regulatory departments to ensure compliance.
Work closely and ensure alignment with regional V&A functional leads
Minimum Experience Requirements
3 to 5 years of experience in market access function and experience in direct interaction with local payers at all levels and a proven track record of access successes (HTA and negotiations) is preferable;
Strong network in the external stakeholder field;
Experience in launching a new therapeutic area is desirable;
Strong communicator, Fluent in Dutch and French and good English skills;
Strong analytical and technical excel skills are preferable.
Solution oriented & problem solving mindset, capability to take responsibilities & ownership of project management;
Effectively working with and driving cross functional teams;
Background and experience in Market Access related position
• Used to travelling, working independently and planning of own time and schedule.
• Native Dutch or French speaker with fluent English skills (verbal, reading and writing).
• Experience in a cross-functional position
• Result driven
• Knowledge of NL healthcare legislation
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Team player
- High degree of learning agility
- Able to work in an environment with a high level of ambiguity
• Excellent excel skills
Back to top