Market Access Alzheimer’s Disease Lead
- Madrid, Spain
The purpose of this role is to lead the payer related activities for Alzheimer’s products in Spain:
· Condition the market to enable a successful launch of Alzheimer’s products in the country by evolving the partnership with payers and other strategic stakeholders
· Prepare pathway for new treatments evaluation and access in Alzheimer’s disease
The person in this role will lead the market access activities related to Alzheimer’s disease (AD) in Spain, in collaboration with the Head of Market Access and Country manager in Spain.
· Gather and communicate the payer needs in Spain, coordinate the product plan for market access, participate in teleconferences, core product team meetings.
· Ensure local cross functional work with public affairs, patient advocacy, medical commercial and other departments to condition the market for the arrival of a new therapy in Alzheimer’s Disease
· Work closely with the Global V&A AD team to ensure appropriateness of materials delivered. Partner and collaborate on timelines, strategic and tactical plans and KPIs.
· Prepare all local payer related materials needed for Market Access Success
· Prepare the scientific and economic dossiers for submission, prepare pricing discussions, and meet the stakeholders.
· Drive local data generation, to fill payer evidence gaps, liaise closely with global V&A to ensure alignment to strategy and other initiatives for data generation
· Develop the market access function and capabilities to meet the current and future market access needs in Spain. Provides coaching, training and shares best practices with AD Market Access Field team
1. Gather and communicate the payer needs in Spain, coordinate the product plan for Market access, participate in teleconferences, core product team meetings.
2. Cultivate and maintain relationships with thought leaders and payers. Collaborate successfully with the local Public Affairs, Medical and Commercial teams to design and execute an effective stakeholder engagement approach.
3. Drive local data generation, to fill payer communication gaps, liaise closely with global V&A to ensure alignment to strategy and other initiatives for data generation
4. Drive excellence in execution at the account level and support the team in ensuring broad access to new AD therapies across key centers of excellence. Partner with global V&A functional leads as necessary to explore innovative access strategies as a local level.
5. Develop a robust payer engagement plan and negotiations pathway and comply with EU+ ELOT (European Launch Operations Team) processes and tools to design, track and manage this plan on time, on budget.
6. And other job duties that may be assigned. May be modified at any time as business needs require.
Minimum Education and experience requirements:
· BSc/BA (MBA preferred)
· 7+ years in pharmaceutical industry, minimum 6 in local Market Access function
· Significant experience in direct interaction with local payers at all levels and a proven track record of access successes
· Strong network in the external stakeholder field
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· Experience in the Alzheimer’s disease area strongly desired
· Experience in launching a new therapeutic area desirable
· Excellent communicator and able to build relationships
Demonstrated success in the following key areas
· Formulating and implementing effective payer related strategies
· Budget management
· Effectively working with and driving cross functional teams
· Developing business cases to recommend and rationalize investments and other strategic actions
Back to top