In vitro Scientist I/Scientist II, Neuromuscular and Muscle Disorders Research Unit
- Cambridge, MA
The candidate will have extensive experience with a variety of cell-based assays in the area of muscle disease biology and the ability to utilize these models for target validation, mechanism of action studies and support for drug discovery projects. He/She must have an established track record of presentations and publications in the field of muscle disorders and/or muscle biology.
The selected individual is expected to independently execute experiments and rigorously analyze and interpret the results. He/She will be expected to drive project strategy and serve as a biology lead on one or more cross-functional teams. The incumbent will contribute to development of new lines of drug discovery research and new technologies in pursuit of department objectives.
- Strong expertise of primary and/or secondary cell culture systems
- Experience in development of cell-based assays using various assay formats for compound screening or phenotypic screens
- Demonstrated record of relevant research by peer-reviewed publications in the broader field of muscle biology and/or disease
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as ability to work independently are essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively in order to achieve project goals
Ideal but not required:
- Expertise in cell/tissue labeling techniques (IHC, IF, ISH)
Minimum requirements: PhD with 0-8 years of academia/industry experience
The Neuromuscular and Muscle Disorders Research Unit at Biogen is looking for a passionate PhD scientist who wants to take on the exciting challenge of developing novel therapies for muscle disorders. The selected candidate will be part of a team of dedicated scientists dedicated to exploring and developing new treatments for disease with high unmet medical needs. We are particularly interested in candidates who have conducted their PhD research in any area of muscle biology or disease. At Biogen, we have access to a diverse array of therapeutic modalities, enabling scientists to tailor the best therapeutic strategy for a disease target.
Back to top