Head of Medical Operations & Effectiveness
- Cambridge, MA
· Medical Operations - project management & resourcing, transformation
· Provide leadership for all digital activities within medical and collaborate on this across functions within Biogen
· Medical Governance and interactions with corporate compliance
· Contracting and FMV
· Field and non-field medical activity insights, reporting and analytics
· Managing the yearly medical brand planning cycle
· Governance, Risk & Control
· Grants & Donations
· Global KME Engagement strategy and execution
- Accountable for the overall leadership of multiple functions critical to the operational excellence of Medical, including Medical Operations, Medical Governance, Field-Based Medical Reporting and analytics, and Global Medical Capabilities Development and continuous improvement efforts, among others.
- Ensure organizational alignment and seamless cross-functional execution within medical across geographies.
- The Digital strategy for medical is a critical area contributing to the achievement of the world wide medical digital ambitions. Critical to success of this function will be the ability to build and deliver multiple transformative digital solutions in close collaboration with the therapeutic areas, regional medical teams and the functions along with the broader Biogen organization. Develop and implement digital capabilities related to field medical communications, customer engagement strategies across all stakeholders (HCPs, patients, payers), medical education, advisory boards, standalone webinars and symposia, congress planning, generate key medical insights using all available resources, share best practices and provide representation for digital governance at Biogen.
- Lead implementation of strategic digital initiatives to embed digital within the global and local medical planning processes and activities.
- Lead the identification and development of customer engagement/experience strategies with a deep understanding of various core elements including; CRM, omni-channel engagement and customer experience at scale. Partner across various functions to ensure capabilities and 3rd party relationships are being established
- Work more broadly with the Digital Hubs within R&D (DQM) . within medical like RWE to develop solutions and insights to increase medical value of marketed and pipeline programs
- Develop and deliver digital capabilities training, pull through internal and external best practice in areas of digital medicine and innovative solutions.
- Provide operational excellence in digital implementation
• Scale impact by recording and sharing learnings and relevant trend updates / thought leadership across initiatives and functions within Biogen
• Leverage implementation learnings from across the broader digital team.
- Ensure effective, timely and efficient world wide implementation of projects / pilots, including: developing clear and measurable project delivery plans; tracking progress; managing operational, financial, and organizational risks; selecting and tracking key performance indicators; etc.
- Develop and monitor world wide medical budget in close collaboration with finance and WMLT
- Provide leadership for change management within medical. Change Leadership Sets clear roadmap in line with a larger change effort to focus people on understanding and aligning with the need for the change; engages others internally and externally by making the case for change and the journey ahead for medical
- Articulate evolving priorities for medical within 3-5 year horizon.
- Field medical reporting and analytics requiring a deep understanding of the Customer needs and gaps to understand how the customer perceives the value of Biogen medical relative to competition, understands the customer’s behavior, and work very closely with the FME head to predict how HCP preferences may change over a 3-5 year time period.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or business required; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience; 5+ years in digital and innovative project experience. Have 2+ years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience in marketing and/or medical.
• Strong cross functional leadership and influencing skills.
• Ability to lead people, set clear objectives and accountability and work in a matrix organization in compliant and professional manner.
• Experience in managing quarterly budgets.
• Deep knowledge of the Pharma compliance and regulatory environment.
• Experience in strategic development in a multi-dimensional and rapid changing environment.
• Strategic Consulting Background
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top