GBS Promotional & Scientific Document Review Team Lead
- Warsaw, Poland
The Promotional & Scientific Document Review Team Lead is leading the team of Review Coordinators and Librarians supporting the process around material / content creation, review, re-use and library management at the regional level and across ECP affiliates.
The Promotional & Scientific Document Review Team Lead partners with regional Commercial and Medical Operations Leads, Marketing Leads across all functions at the regional and local level for planning future material creation and review, to help optimize resourcing, the review process and related operational support. Team Lead will be responsible for keeping himself/ herself updated on the changes in regional and local affiliate regulations or industry code impacting the material review process.
The Team Lead will analyze the process execution, provide regular updates to the Commercial and Medical Operations teams and suggest improvements to drive efficiency. The person will also have the responsibility of ensuring that relevant work instructions, training material and guidelines are up to date and will support corporate compliance and Standards & Governance office to conduct monitoring of the material review process.
On a daily basis the Team Lead will interact with the regional teams, the local affiliate coordinators/team, commercial, medical and regulatory reviewers to ensure materials are expedited in the most efficient and lean manner.
In addition, the Team Lead manages the efficient flow services, and information throughout the data functions of Biogen. The Manager builds relationships with and acts as a key resource and escalation point for internal and external customers. The ultimate goal of the Manager is to ensure desired service levels are met and to ensure continuity of defined services.
In addition, the Team Lead analyzes cross-functional processes, establishes and implements standard practices, processes and procedures for group/department/program, and he/she translates strategic objectives into plans for team execution
This position deals with a high level of ambiguity and complexity, anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and is capable of acting proactively in order to support strategic and/or complex decisions. The influencing and negotiation skills are important for this role as interactions and buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers are key.
Providing regular updates to internal stakeholders within GBS on the status of the Service Line operations
Ensuring Incidents in the operation of the Service Line are appropriately logged, resolved, preventative actions identified, actioned and closed in accordance with the Incident Management process defined in the SLA (including the use of 5 Why’s analysis)
Ensuring that appropriate Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions exist in standardized formats, are understood and updated on a regular basis.
Managing the addition of new services to the service line in the context of adding new geographical scope or additional services within the service line including: Scope definition, Resourcing, Recruitment, Training, Transitioning Services, Stabilization
Drive standardization of processes across geographical scope defined in the SLA
Provide inputs to Service Line Global Process Owners in developing Global Process Blueprints and facilitate the execution of process improvement projects defined therein within geographical scope of GBS Warsaw delivery site
Manages client service requests including inputs, analysis, reviews and feedback.
Lead creation of key metrics for team and stakeholder dashboards and reports
- The Team Lead manages a team of Review Coordinators and Librarians supporting the process around material creation, review, re-use and library management at the regional level and across ECP affiliates. He/she takes an active role in the team and individual development of the team members, including career guidance, coaches and provides guidance to the team on how to best support, interact with and support key internal customers. The Team Lead will assume accountability for process ownership in his/her role.
- Ability to manage and inspire the Service Line team
- Motivates, mentors and teaches others the principles of continuous improvement with the ability to share examples across end-to-end processes, offer alternatives, and provide constructive feedback to create a culture of continuous improvement throughout Biogen
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates proficiency effectively presenting complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner and facilitates meetings with Directors, Vice Presidents, and Business owners
- Monitors and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- The position requires strong collaborative, communication, managerial and change management skills and global awareness and sensitivity to multiple cultures
2. Service Delivery
- Leads and participates on cross-functional teams and supports direct reports with their projects.
- Analyzes cross-functional and data management processes, establishes and implements standard practices, processes and procedures for group/department/program. Develops and implements broad and efficient solutions that improve the quality and efficiency of the Team to ensure desired customer service levels are met.
- Chairs meetings as required to facilitate process improvement or issue resolution requiring a broader cross-functional group and as required presents at Senior Management meetings.
- Helps develop departmental budget and prioritizes resources and timelines to complete multiple work assignments.
- Represents the Team and the wider service delivery team as Subject Matter Expert and for certain areas
- Ensures service delivery meets expectations and continuously liaise with stakeholders to confirm delivery
- Actively monitors the effectiveness of the service line delivery
- Ensures Service Line has an effective back-up plan for all staff
- Develops annual operating plan /budgets for the service line and manages actual figures against budget, including explaining deviations
- Manages regular communications and training to the Service Line team
- Manages the overall performance of the Service Line run team
- Onboards and coordinates training for new team members on planning process, materials review, localization and tools
- Supports Creation and Review process through tracking of key metrics through analysis and periodic dashboards and reports
3. Business Partnership
- The Team Lead builds relationships with and acts as a key resource and escalation point for internal and external customers.
- Promotes and ensures a collaborative relationship with Business Units that addresses valid business needs. Is responsive to requests in line with defined Coordination scope ensuring compliance with standard processes and internal controls
- Manages the relationship with the internal Business partner to ensure delivery of the service
- Works with partners within Biogen (both GBS and Non-GBS) and externally to proactively identify, prioritize, facilitate and lead Service Line Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Acts as a coordination point for the (Global) Process Owner regarding the Warsaw Delivery Site – Service Line processes
4. Continuous Improvement
Makes continuous improvement recommendations related to the Service Line and facilitates their approval and execution.
Fosters a culture geared towards continuous improvement amongst Service Line direct reports
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in handling material review process and content creation for a multinational biotech/pharmaceutical company.
- People management experience and/or Cross-Functional Project Management experience
- Experience within management of service delivery team(s)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to articulate recommendations and key decision points to senior management)
- Demonstrated experience reducing complex subjects to key points. Ability to work in fast paced environments and great organizational skills to effectively balance a broad range of projects and tasks in parallel
- Advanced knowledge of data managing departments is required to highlight and anticipate risks and opportunities. Has in-depth understanding of process interdependencies across commercial and medical functions.
- Able to deal with high levels of ambiguity and complexity. Anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and is capable of acting proactively in order to support strategic and/or complex decisions.
- Exceptional team player (ability to direct and participate in cross-functional and management teams). Ability to develop a strong network across company
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to attain buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers
- Experience of using electronic tools such as Zinc MAPS or Veeva Vault for the material review process is preferred.
- Experience of working with Creative Agencies and material creation
- Project Management experience and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Shared Services/Global Business Services experience running a team delivering relevant Service Line services to an international client base (either external or internal)
- Experience of transitioning activity in the relevant Service Line into a Global Business Service
- Shared Services Experience: Service management, operational metrics and scorecards, and experience within a progressive global shared service operating model (preferred).
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration or similar education required
- Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt is an asset
- Excellent spoken and written English. Additional languages are an advantage
The GBS Promotional & Scientific Document Review Team Lead is leading the team of Review Coordinators and Librarians supporting the process around material / content creation, review, re-use and library management at the regional level and across ECP affiliates.
The Promotional & Scientific Document Review Team Lead partners with regional Commercial and Medical Operations Leads, Marketing Leads across all functions at the regional and local level for planning future material creation and review, to help optimize resourcing, the review process and related operational support. The Team Lead will be responsible for keeping himself/ herself updated on the changes in regional and local affiliate regulations or industry code impacting the material review process.
Back to top