Engineer II, Process
- Research Triangle Park, NC
The Process Engineer will assist with project engineering as required for new processing equipment installations and modifications to existing equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess equipment needs and generates equipment specifications for fabrication, modification, or purchase.
- Supports the implementation of new manufacturing processes as needed for new products or modifications to existing products.
- Provides troubleshooting support for manufacturing equipment.
- Investigates process or equipment failures and implements changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Responsible Engineer (RE) duties that require validation protocol review and approval and change control ownership for equipment.
- Performs equipment startup, troubleshoot equipment failures, review P&IDs, performs equipment commissioning, reviews maintenance, and instrument change requests.
- Participate in multi-function teams to implement change and improve existing processes.
- Maintains training, develops goals and tracks progress.
- The Engineer II, Process should demonstrate knowledge of the business and practical knowledge of GMPs and regulations.
- The candidate should exhibit proactive and highly enthusiastic behavior in this role.
- The employee should have experience leading their own small projects, have a great sense of responsibility, and are comfortable taking ownership of engineering projects and deliverables.
- Experience in Oral Solid Dosage form manufacturing process engineering is desired.
- Ability to respond to trouble calls.
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline; 2-4 years or a Master’s in an Engineering or Science discipline; 0-2 years.
If you are seeking an exciting career opportunity as an Engineer II and meet our requirements, please apply with us today.
At Biogen, we believe that no other disease area holds as much need or as much promise for medical breakthroughs as neuroscience.
Back to top