Electrical & Instrument Engineer
- Solothurn, Switzerland
The role of Electrical and Instrument engineer consists to be the primary point of contact during any project execution on site for any tasks related to electrical and Instrumentation design and coordination activities.
The Electrical and Instrument engineer reports to the Responsible Engineer Electricity, who is the person accountable for the electrical systems on site.
- Work closely with the vendors and installation contractors to ensure that the electrical and instrumentation is designed and built to the agreed functionality, schedule and budget.
- Coordinate with the qualification team and user team to ensure that the projects are according to the Biogen electrical and instrumentation requirements.
- Creates and maintains various project documents like electrical wiring diagrams, drawings, procedures, standards, specifications. layouts.
- Execute the following design activities:
- SIL loop assessment and calculation,
- Fieldbus Foundation loop calculation.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent by experience.
- Fluent in German and Technical English (B2 level)
- At least 5-8 years’ experience working as an electrical & instrument engineer in Building and Industrial Production activities.
- Must have experience in pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), commissioning and qualification.
- Software: DeltaV knowledge.
- Have a good understanding of the different communication protocols: Fieldbus Foundation, Ethernet, Hart, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, Profibus DP, Modbus knowledge.
- Good knowledge of ATEX and Swiss Installation Norms (NIN) as well as EN 61439.
- Must have experience in specifying Instruments.
Back to top