Business Operations Lead Multiple Sclerosis (Turkey, CIS and Russia)
- Zug, Switzerland
This role is responsible for supporting the MS (Multiple Sclerosis) MART (Middle East, Africa, Russia/CIS and Turkey) team headquartered in Baar with developing and executing the MS launch strategy, lifecycle management and affiliate/partner footprint across TCR (Turkey, Russia/CIS) to address the unmet needs for the Biogen MS portfolio (in 13 markets). This role includes:
· Developing and maintaining strong, trust-based relationships with Biogen’s affiliates/distributor partners and effectively leading the business collaboration and execution of the crossfunctional TCR MS team to work in an agile way to support our partners.
· Leading (both directly and indirectly) the cross-functional TCR MS team to effectively support the business with agility, professionalism and reliability; ensure close alignment with the MEA MS team.
· Supporting definition of the overall strategy and execution plans for the MS portfolio in the TCR region in close collaboration with the MART MS team and BIR MS crossfunctional team. Objective is to pull through the Global Integrated Customer Product strategies, tactics and best practices from across the globe to deliver robust local strategies and execution.
· Partnering with the MART Value and Access lead to develop, and achieve approval for, innovative access solutions for maintaining and/or expanding MS portfolio access across the region.
· Working in close collaboration with dedicated TCR Medical leads to ensure high quality MedEd and field activities to differentiate the MS portfolio vs competitors.
· Reinforce Biogen’s Leadership Position in Neurosciences by establishing a strong network and partnerships with KMEs and other relevant stakeholders across TCR
· Working with the TCR team to conduct research and analyses of existing portfolio to determine and measure performance in order to effectively adapt strategic direction (if required) to drive performance
· Ensuring pull-thru of competitor readiness strategies on the partner level, including training and execution plans being in place well ahead of competitor launches
· Independently leading the development of innovative solutions and business cases to explore business opportunities in the region where feasible, and define clear roles and responsibilities between Biogen and partner resources to secure flawless execution
· Ensuring high quality strategy execution and Field Force Excellence
· Leading the effective collaboration of the BIR Supply chain, and other key crossfunctional leads, to ensure the end to end processes for delivering the product operates effectively and efficiently.
· Supporting the preparation and negotiation of commercialization agreements (Distribution Agreements) to optimize contractual relationships and determine optimal partnership agreements with our partners to share contribution appropriately
· Supporting transition of the Expansion Project in Turkey and support build of capabilities in the affiliate; further exploring business development opportunities in the CIS countries
· Supporting the creation and development of various internal deliverables, including management performance reports, sales/OPEX reports, quarterly financial reports, annual AOP/budgeting/forecasting/LRP and supply-price reconciliation exercises
· Instilling a High-Performance Compliance Culture across the Partners Network, supported by uncompromising Ethics and Integrity and flawless connectivity with MART Legal and Compliance Leads
1. Independently work with Biogen’s affiliates, distributor(s) and TCR MS functional leads (e.g. medical, marketing, value and access, CMI, etc.) to provide relevant MS content, training programs and best practice sharing to optimize the performance of partner companies.
2. Lead the efforts to ensure maintenance/expansion/receipt of local market access to the MS portfolio as well as ensuring successful tender management together w/the partners.
3. Take a leadership role in developing the MS business through ensuring development and execution of the MS launch and life cycle management strategy and in suggesting innovative solutions and business cases to capture business opportunities and mitigating business challenges.
4. Support Biogen Business Operations Head TCR in negotiating Distribution Agreements, executing Due Diligence (if required) and preparing robust compliant commercialization agreements.
5. Ensure contracts and legal documentation are in place to build a strong interface and collaborative compliant working relationships with our partners. Work with the TCR team to conduct market research and analyses to determine performance and adapt strategic direction if required.
6. Lead financial planning collaboration with affiliates/partners to pragmatically and ambitiously set annual performance targets along with subsequent re-forecasting exercises to maintain vigilant oversight of performance in each market/region.
7. Maintain full oversight of, and take direct responsibility for, commercial MS business operations and resulting performance in markets/countries within the defined region of responsibility, and effectively manage and develop the alliance relationship.
8. Support efforts to build capabilities in the GeoExpansion markets
9. Ensure crossfunctionality and alignment with the MEA team.
· Independently work with Biogen’s affiliates/local distributor(s) and Regional functional leads (e.g. medical, marketing, market access, etc) to provide relevant MS content, training programs and best practice sharing to optimize their performance.
Develop and successfully execute MEA commercial strategy for BIIB portfolio at the local level in close collaboration and alignment with Regional HQ.
· Build & maintain a high performing x-functional team, ensuring LCM and launch readiness including medical, market access, sales readiness and supply
· Develop and maintain strong understanding of local market dynamics, trends and key business drivers and adapt approach if required
· Collaborate with resources at Regional HQ to leverage and customize centrally created operations, marketing, market access and medical materials to match local realities and maintain ongoing dialogue on local market issues/needs
· Support the affiliates/partners as needed in their setting of local sales targets, KPI’s, annual incentives and review process – share best practices from our affiliates
· Successfully lead in the matrix
Innovative access solutions
· Take a leadership role in supporting Biogen Head Business Operations TCR and TCR Market Access Lead in developing innovative solutions and business cases to maintain and expand patient access to BIIB products in TCR
Partner contracts and negotiations
· Ensure contracts and legal documentation are in place to build a strong interface and collaborative compliant working relationships with our partners. Work with the MART team to conduct research and analyses of existing partners to determine performance and tie to compensation
Demand forecast and supply planning
· Work with PO&T personnel, the MART supply chain coordinator to ensure the end to end process for delivering the product to the customer is in place for MS portfolio. Key activities that are critical to this:
· Timely preparation and approval of PAFs
· Monitoring of SMS
· Tracking demand forecasts and management to avoid stock outs
· Independently lead and collaborate with MART Finance, TCR decision support, TCR/MART Functional Leads, BIR functional leads and TCR affiliates / partners timely and accurate assessments of performance, tracking and management of budget and preparation of all critical financial tracking and reporting processes for “F’s”, AOP and Long Range Forecasting and Planning
Minimum Education Requirements
University degree in business or life sciences; MBA strongly preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
· 10-15 years of pharmaceutical/health care sales / commercial experience and successful track record in commercial/ business operations management (ideally also decision-analytics)
· Strong overall business & financial acumen, proven ability to make commercial decisions and prioritize resource allocation to drive performance
· Proven ability of setting strategic direction and ensuring execution
· Deep knowledge of emerging markets (TCR) and the complexities of operating via direct and indirect business model (ie. w/ affiliates and partners/ distributors)
· A solid understanding of the multi-faceted aspects surrounding operational launch readiness and LCM with affiliates and third party International distributor partners
· Experience in field work and leading complex multi-stakeholder workstreams/projects.
· Distinctive analytical capabilities and strong project management mindset.
· Advanced ability for interdisciplinary/teamwork and international cooperation
· Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, including ability to effectively lead and manage projects from distance.
· Excellent communication skills and proven track record of managing affiliate and alliance relationships across multiple cultures and geographies
· Desire for Digital experience
· Excellent power point skills and presentation skills
· Fluent in spoken and written English; speaking additional languages (Russian, Turkish, French etc.) is valuable
Reference competencies will include:
· Action Orientation and drive for Results
· Strategic agility
· Problem solving
· Process management
· Business Acumen
· Customer Focus
· Decision Quality
· Innovation Management
· Matrix management
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Motivating Others
Back to top