Business Operations Lead Alzheimer’s Disease , European Partner Markets
- Zug, Switzerland
Independently work with Biogen’s local distributors and Regional functional leads (e.g. medical, commercial, market access, etc.) to provide relevant Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) content, training programs and best practice sharing to optimize business performance.
Develop and successfully execute on commercial strategy for BIIB portfolio at the local level in close collaboration and alignment with Regional HQ and local partners
· Lead, and set the tone for, a high performing cross-functional team, ensuring implementation of LCM initiatives and launch readiness across medical, value & access, commercial and operational functions
· Collaborate with resources at Regional HQ to leverage and customize centrally created tools and assets to match local realities while maintaining ongoing dialogue on local market issues/needs
· Develop and maintain strong understanding of local market dynamics and key business drivers in order to effectively prioritize BIIB functional support to partners
· Support the partners as needed in setting local objectives and drive operations by sharing best practices from our affiliates
Innovative access solutions
· Support EPM V&A and Finance leads in developing innovative solutions and business cases to maintain and expand patient access to BIIB products in EPM
Partner contracts and negotiations
· Support Biogen Head of EPM in negotiating the Distribution Agreements, executing Due Diligence and preparing robust compliant commercialization agreements.
· Ensure contracts and legal documentation are in place to underpin collaborative and compliant working relationships with our partners. Work with the EPM team to conduct research and analyses of existing partners to constantly monitor performance and the associated correlation with compensation.
Demand forecast and supply planning
· Work with PO&T & EPM supply chain coordinators to ensure the end-to-end process for delivering product to the customer is in place for the entire AD portfolio across the region. Key activities that are critical to this:
· Timely preparation and approval of PAFs
· Monitoring of Stock Management Scheme (SMS)
· Tracking demand forecasts and management to avoid stock outs
Collaborate with EPM Finance head and local partners to deliver on timely and accurate business performance reports, AD budget monitoring, and preparation of all financial planning and reporting deliverables (quarterly/ad-hoc forecast, Annual Operating Plan, and Long-Range Plan)
· Education: B.A./B.Sc. in related field required (business science, technology); M.B.A. highly preferred
· 10 years + experienced leader with a strong track record of commercial and marketing success in the biopharmaceutical industry, specialty pharma
· Proven strategic brand manager with the ability to develop commercial strategy, monitor commercial execution, and lead cross-functionally
· A solid understanding of the multi-faceted aspects surrounding operational launch readiness and LCM with third party International distributor partners
· Strong overall business & financial acumen, proven ability to make commercial decisions and prioritize resource allocation to drive performance
· Distinctive analytical capabilities and strong project management mindset.
· Skilled-collaborator, able to drive decision-making and accountability in a cross-functional environment through strong influence and leadership skills
· Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, who is able to effectively balance multiple priorities and is always willing to pitch in to help the team achieve results
· Excellent communication skills and proven track record of managing alliance relationships across multiple cultures and geographies
· Highly collaborative and motivated by team success
· Excellent power point and presentation skills
· Fluent in English, additional European languages an advantage
· As a member of the EPM Leadership Team, you will address the needs of Biogen’s local partners/distributors in developing and executing launch strategy and lifecycle management initiatives for Biogen’s Alzheimer’s Disease portfolio in all European Partner Markets over several countries.
· You will develop and maintain strong, trust-based relationships with distributor partners, and will maximize Biogen AD revenue in the region
· In close collaboration with Regional and Global AD functional teams, you will support local partners with setting the strategy and operational plan in their respective markets.
You will lead the EPM AD cross-functional team and drive the execution of Biogen team initiatives and report into the Head of EPM.
Anticipated travel: 10-20%
Back to top