Associate Medical Director, Alzheimer’s Disease
- Zug, Switzerland
The Associate Medical Director will provide scientific expertise in AD and will work in close collaboration with internal cross-functional and geographical stakeholders (e.g. Affiliate Medical, Clinical, Regulatory, Safety, Compliance, Global Value & Access, Scientific Partnerships, and Global Commercial, etc.). The Associate Medical Director will also work in collaboration with external Key Medical Experts to guide on, plan and execute deliverables. It will also require appropriate external stakeholder partnerships (including KMEs; research centers, investigators and institutions etc.) as needed and appropriate.
The Associate Medical Director will support the key areas of the AD Medical, focusing on Engagement and Education Care strategy and partnering to execute the plan in alignment with the overall global AD medical strategy and in collaboration with the Medical Directors and supporting functions.
- Partner with Global MDs for the development, strategic alignment, and execution of the ECP AD Medical strategy; overseeing the execution of assigned tactics targeting both internal and external audiences through medical communication materials, publications, congress, and digital communications.
- Collaborate with the Global MD and the affiliate teams to identify internal and external educational needs. Lead implementation of the ECP KME education engagements plan and collaborate with key stakeholders on assign projects (RWE, Congresses, Ad Boards, Education etc.) and medical education initiatives in partnership with ECP Medical and cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Global MD and affiliate Medical teams to facilitate implementation of the ADvance program, including best practice sharing and insight gathering. Partner with internal stakeholders for the cross-functional efforts related to medical education including Commercial and V&A
- Maintain and continuously improve strategies and processes designed to effectively communicate our data internally, externally, and across many different disciplines. Champion new approaches for modern and digital medical communications by actively maintaining awareness of industry trends to ensure the team remains relevant and competitive.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience required
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Medical Affairs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with regional and/or affiliate medical as well as to attain cross-functional alignments in team settings
- Experience in neurology and Alzheimer’s disease is a plus
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently
- Willingness to travel on regular basis
- Ability to work under pressure
- MD or PhD or other advanced degree in the life sciences is required
Biogen’s strategy is to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapies that improve the lives of patients with devastating neurodegenerative, such as Alzheimer’s disease. This ECP Global Medical Director will serve as one of the main points in the Biogen Global Medical organization to provide strategic input/guidance into the development and execution of the medical strategy for Alzheimer’s disease (AD) in ECP and Global.
Back to top