Associate Director of Strategic Finance (Product Development and Commercialization)
- Cambridge, MA
This role will lead high visibility projects that combine finance and strategy. This role will be responsible for providing visibility into the challenges and opportunities facing the organization and recommend actions to maximize shareholder value. Specifically, the role will focus on the following core responsibilities with additional exposure possible.
The Associate Director will serve as the finance representative to late stage and marketed cross-functional asset teams. Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a business partner to the PDC Lead; assessing program economics and propose alternatives to drive improved performance
- Assessing the business cases for investments in new life cycle management initiatives to be presented to the PDC-OC and PDC-EC
- Working collaboratively with finance colleagues and the program teams to identify funding for new, incremental investments
- Acting as the program team financial representative to the corporate long range planning process, including liaising with R&D, PO&T, Medical and Commercial finance teams
- Providing financial planning, analysis and support including budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis across the full program P&L
The AD will also be involved with collaboration companies and responsible for oversight of the collaboration budget and escalation within the joint steering committees. This role will be responsible for leading budget negotiations along with counterparts at the collaboration partner company.
Key skills include:
- Distinctive quantitative and modeling skills
- Practical knowledge of financial theory and valuation methodologies
- Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organizational structure, particularly with the CFO, PDC leads, Executive Committee, and FP&A
- Attention to detail, yet ability to maintain an “80/20” mindset
- Independent, out-of-the-box thinker with conviction of thought
- Comfort with ambiguity
Education: The candidate will have an MBA and post MBA experience, ideally in management consulting, investment banking or in another Pharm/Biotech company. Knowledge of drug development and life sciences is needed.
The Associate Director (AD) of Product Development and Commercialization (PDC) Finance will report to the Sr. Director of PDC Finance and have regular exposure to the CFO and Vice Presidents across multiple functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top