Associate Director Clinical Operations IT
- Cambridge, MA
Oversee the Global Clinical Operations IT organization and business relationships. Serve as the IT strategic partner and primary liaison for the GCO Business Process Management organization. Manage all GCO IT related projects across various business units. Leads R&D IT Development portfolio management and teams within the Development. Work closely with the GSRS IT, Regulatory IT and ADS IT organizations. Accountable for keeping Biogen's GCO IT regulatory and compliance standards in the regions/countries. Provide IT service management needs for the GCO Platform Champion of communication between the GCO, ADS, TCoe, ITQ, Research IT and IT.
- Translating: Understand GCO business function and strategy and effectively translate IT strategies into opportunities and requirements for technology solutions.
- Anticipating/Influencing: Proactively anticipate business needs to shape demand for GCO IT services.
- Strategic Planning: Develop functional roadmaps that are aligned with function’s strategy and priorities for the GCO organization.
- Developing/Managing Relationships: Engage and develop relationships with the right functional partners (e.g., GCO and other Steering Committees (e.g. DANTE) and subject matter experts. Manage and build trust in these relationships.
- Integrating: Integrate roadmaps developed by other enabling GCO functions with business partners to align IT capabilities with functional demand for IT services.
- Advocating: Advocate for partners with GCO colleagues as needed/appropriate. In turn, drive awareness and adoption of GCO IT initiatives and changes driven by all regulatory and compliance standards in the region/countries.
- Create a positive work environment by understanding people’s strengths and growth areas – both in the hiring and ongoing work assignment process – and by matching the right talent to the right professional needs and opportunities.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Understanding of the Biopharma industry landscape of vendors and technology
- Minimum of 7-10 years working in the biopharmaceutical R&D in a leadership role
- Experience overseeing IT Development services and systems globally
- Experience developing and leading high performing teams and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence at multiple levels within mixed organization
- Direct experience working with outsourced/managed service providers
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work and influence at multiple levels.
Minimum Knowledge Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, advanced degree in business or information technology desirable or a combination of degree and related experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top