Vice President, Marketing
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
We're excited to move into our new, modernized company headquarters - Starting June 2018, our home will be located at 1009 Lenox Dr, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.
What you'll do:
As the VP of Customer Acquisition you will own lead generation for Billtrust with a hands-on approach in creating, implementing, managing and evaluating a comprehensive direct marketing plan including a robust multi-channel strategy. You will have a strong focus on developing, optimizing and measuring all new B2B lead generation campaigns while partnering closely with Content, Product Marketing, Design and Sales team members to define lead requirements and turn on a best-of-breed direct marketing machine that attracts qualified prospects into the sales funnel.
You will be responsible for developing and measuring multiple campaigns that include a target market/industry, target buyer, product message(s), identified demand generation medium(s) and overall conversion goal. You will own the strategy and management of all online/offline marketing campaigns from concept through ROI analysis while implementing ongoing ‘nurturing’ campaigns to turn these prospects into actionable leads and opportunities. Tracking, analyzing, iterating and optimizing is the norm, not the exception.
- Grow and manage the on boarding, evaluation and professional development needs of a demand generation marketing team
- Plan, deploy and measure marketing demand generation activities that increase product awareness and ultimately drive new business
- Oversee the following marketing channels: pay-per-click (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), digital advertising, email, paid social media, events, list acquisition and other online/offline targeted channels.
- Maximize revenues through continuous site navigation research and landing page testing to ensure the customer experience and product accessibility is easy and efficient.
- Align with web development team to ensure appropriate technology infrastructure, functionality and support of the website.
- Partner with internal Sales, Customer Support and Account Management to recommend, develop and execute best in class marketing campaigns.
- Establish customer and prospect email communication plans; execute ongoing internal email to current customers and at risk users.
- Define and monitor intended Marketing campaign and conversion results.
- Create and maintain marketing dashboards and provide continuous management reporting.
- Design, launch and A/B test landing pages to optimize conversion.
- Lead the company’s list acquisition and email and direct mail marketing efforts.
- Evaluate website analytics and make recommendations for redesigning the site to optimize lead flow.
- Manage and develop content and re-purpose thought leadership for demand generation campaigns including email, eBooks, whitepapers, webinars, videos, slideshare, etc.
- Create content recommendations (ie. webinars, whitepapers, videos, etc) based on industry and customer feedback
- Manage lead screening, scoring and routing to global Sales teams.
- Track performance, evaluate ROI from campaigns and set up processes to confirm lead follow-up
- Ensure utilization of email best practices and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, spam regulation (CAN-SPAM) and deliverability.
- Present results of creative testing strategies on a regular basis
What you'll bring to the team:
- 10+ years of direct marketing experience, with several years at a tech startup or early stage company
- Deep understanding of the sales funnel and the campaign channels available to generate demand and the systems required to effectively reach and nurture prospects and customers
- Top notch quantitative skills are essential- you will get excited about crunching data, managing complex spreadsheets and discovering insights from numbers
- Has successfully created email marketing campaigns previously. Knows what subject lines convert and how to get the click
- Has managed paid search campaigns, ran A/B testing for landing pages and understands what design ‘best practices’ optimize conversion
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, AdWords and other direct marketing automation tools
- Has a portfolio of successful landing pages, emails and other creative
- Has the talent, insight and willingness to roll up their sleeves and get the job done; you are deadline drive
- Strong analytical and writing skills with the ability to write headlines that grab attention and copy that makes complex technologies accessible
- Detail- oriented creative thinker who is innovative and self-motivated
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in business, economics or a related field); MBA preferred.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Meet Some of Billtrust's Employees
VP, Software Development
Steve leads the Development Team that works on cash application products for Billtrust. He helps ensure the group is as successful as possible by building, testing, and deploying software.
Back to top